Sam's Club gas vs BP gas

I've ran nothing but BP gas in my Prius since I got it 2 years ago. BP supposedly contains additives that clean the fuel injection system.
I joined Sam's Club a few days ago and today I filled up with their gas which is about 25c a gallon cheaper than the city average.

Is this gas as good as BP gas? I spoke to people gassing up there and they spoke well of Sam's Club gas.

Last edited:
I don't think Sam's Clubs gas is Tier 1. However-I use it semi-regularly.
The last time I checked, Sam's was not on the Top Tier list, therefore, IMO, it's not as desirable as a Top Tier fuel.

We have used Sam's Club gas for years in our 2016 Expedition. Despite all I have read about intake valve deposits etc, we have 100,000 miles on the Ecoboost with zero issues.

I have friend with a priest.
He runs nothing but non ethanol since he may fill up every 3 to 4 months

Sam's and BP were both in the Top Tier list the last time I checked. More important, does Sams force you to listen to obnoxious loud TV ads from the pump, as many BP stations do?

EDIT: See correction below.

Last edited:
Might want to check again.
OK. I admit I was wrong about Sam's, thinking about Costco, which is listed. BP used to be listed. Some have had to drop out, at least temporarily, due to recent supply issues with the necessary detergent. QT was out for a while for that reason, but apparently is back.

Sam's and BP were both in the Top Tier list the last time I checked. More important, does Sams force you to listen to obnoxious loud TV ads from the pump, as many BP stations do?
Here is the latest Top Tier list ...

I see someone posted the list earlier in this thread ... missed it ... sorry for the duplication.

OK. I admit I was wrong about Sam's, thinking about Costco, which is listed. BP used to be listed. Some have had to drop out, at least temporarily, due to recent supply issues with the necessary detergent. QT was out for a while for that reason, but apparently is back.
From Top Tier:
As this shortage is expected to last through the end of the year, you may see some gas stations noting they are unable to supply TOP TIER™ Gasoline at this time. The brand will still be listed on www.toptiergas.com as this will not apply to all stations.

Back