Royal Purple 5W - 30 4800 miles 2008 F 150 5.4L V8

I absolutely expected some crappy condescending remark like that. The operative word in your response is "here". You have about 15,000 posts, so you are a long time member. You must be willfully ignoring the past 10+ years. RP has been hated with a passion, mostly by ones who have never even used it. NO oil elicits as much scorn as RP. None has ever been bashed as much. I have zero need to "make a technical argument or response" to suit you. Just open your eyes, look back over the past 10 years, and drop your willful ignorance.
I've been using RP HMX for years, but a problem I see recently is their pricing of non-Synerlec API products in the modern era of quality, cheap synthetic oils for GDI engines and whatnot. Being on BITOG really does open the mind lol. The non-Synerlec oils should be no more than $25, if not slightly less. This will help justify the lack of additives that are found in their racing oils. More people will buy it too! BITOG might even celebrate it with a few threads!

I'm only gonna get the Synerlec stuff from now on. I know my engines love their HMX line. They stay clean, and the oil has kept unusual noises to a minimum in our pushrod V8's. Will be trying 10w-40 HPS in the LS1 next! The Toyotas love the 5w-30 HMX.

i used the FC-W marine oil (synerlec) for 3 changes … then they dropped it …

There are two sides to this. While I agree RP has garnered some perhaps unnecessary or misplaced criticism the defence of the product and woe is me rhetoric put forth by its proponents is equally disproportionate. You can count on there never being balanced discourse from either side in these exchanges because the reasonable talking points are quickly buried beneath the vitriol and anecdotes eschewing its godly prowess with both sides quickly being buried in faeces.

RPDS.

It is an emotional issue to the RP haters. I have never seen a thread here with RP calmly discussed without setting people off. Just the mention of the words "Royal Purple" send some into a mental tizzy!

RPDS!

Honestly, it was being calmly discussed on this thread until you stepped in with your hate accusations....can we go back to it?

3k on a problem engine with 80% city driving...sounds about right to me. Most of these engines I hear idling have a real knock going on. Oil is a lot cheaper than a 5.4 engine replacement.

wondering where you get "problem engine" .....the RP was in there for almost 11 months and I only used half a quart . I agree with the other member about the 3K oil changes but I guess I'm kinda over cautious with my truck but rather be safe than sorry and that's why I went 11 months and almost 5K last time to see how the oil did ..... I posted another analysis on this engine here about 5/6 years ago under the name of phillyFX4, because of my inexperience with computers I had to change my username to get back on BITOG.....thanks

wondering where you get "problem engine" .....the RP was in there for almost 11 months and I only used half a quart . I agree with the other member about the 3K oil changes but I guess I'm kinda over cautious with my truck but rather be safe than sorry and that's why I went 11 months and almost 5K last time to see how the oil did ..... I posted another analysis on this engine here about 5/6 years ago under the name of phillyFX4, because of my inexperience with computers I had to change my username to get back on BITOG.....thanks
I get "problem engine" from it being a 5.4 3v Ford engine. What else do you need to know?

not mine.....so far 😬
I just meant it's not smart to push the envelope on an engine that is known to have issues especially when maintenance is even slightly neglected. With you're maintenance you have a better chance than most of not having any issues.

Honestly, it was being calmly discussed on this thread until you stepped in with your hate accusations....can we go back to it?

...For the price most pay for RP, I’d say these are horrible results.

...You’d get better wear results with 5k on PYB, GTX, QS at probably half or less the cost.

...That's nonsense, Royal Purple is special. :LOL:

...you should move on from RP because they are not what they used to be.

...most here hate Royal Purple because their API licensed oils are overpriced

...this forum pretty much convinced me never to spend money on it again.

...doesn't use gimmicks like dying their oil purple to make people think that it's special 😆

Instant negativity and snark from 50% of the posters. TRY AGAIN.

I just meant it's not smart to push the envelope on an engine that is known to have issues especially when maintenance is even slightly neglected. With you're maintenance you have a better chance than most of not having any issues.

I understand.....just checked my record keeping, I've changed the oil 24 times since new, all synthetic .....

averages out to just over 3,000 miles btwn changes .

really like this site and to pick your guys brains (y)

I would like to see them bring back the Synerlec line which I used during early 2000's. I liked it and found it to be great. Not really feeling the price of the walmart oe line so much. To be fair,I'd still rather use RP over Valvoline,ST or Havoline out of preference

...You’d get better wear results with 5k on PYB, GTX, QS at probably half or less the cost.

...doesn't use gimmicks like dying their oil purple to make people think that it's special 😆

Since you included me (someone who used RP HPM until RP dropped it) … here’s a question I have been wondering about. What does RP put Grp2 base stock in ?

I guess it all depends on what the meaning of hate is.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Dismissive quips like that demonstrate you just can't stop shovelling.
I would like to see them bring back the Synerlec line which I used during early 2000's. I liked it and found it to be great. Not really feeling the price of the walmart oe line so much. To be fair,I'd still rather use RP over Valvoline,ST or Havoline out of preference

IIRC, and this is just going from memory, but the RP street oils (no Synerlec) appeared to be the same oil as some other mass produced oil at the time, which made sense as "reinventing the wheel" for a low margin market likely didn't make sense.

There were NO comments from me until after all the RP trashin' began. Re-read it.

100% RPDS.

True. All your comments are meant to trash this thread...Unsolicited trashing, I must say.
Couldn't you find anything more interesting to do today?

There were NO comments from me until after all the RP trashin' began. Re-read it.

100% RPDS.

Addressing what I pointed out in my post instead of firing off some cute acronym that makes you look like a child was my point and you've gone and done it again, further proving it. I acknowledged the validity of what you stated but also pointed out that the other side tends to do the same thing, which you seem to be trying your hardest to prove that this is in fact how its done.

I'm guessing the RP High Performance lineup is the same as the Amsoil OE and the Redline Professional Series? I know the Amsoil and Redline are around $10 a quart. Isn't Royal Purple $39.99 per 5 quart jug, making it the best value among same level oils?

Back