Recc's for a good food processor...for wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife has a $50 amazon gift card and would like to use it to get a food processor (total cost can be probably upto $75 I think, incl. GC)

. She doesn't cook very often or a lot, but would like to start experimenting and start cooking more...

We are a family of 2, but she might cook when we have company (never more than 5 people), so I guess capacity shouldn't be TOO small...perhaps 10 cups??

So it doesn't need to be super complex or fancy, but one that suits most basic needs, durable and easy to clean I guess..
She doesn't cook enough to really mention any specific 'needs'/criteria...(very different from her naming criteria/needs for cars
wink.gif
)

CuisinArt seems to be a popular brand and have a good reputation from the very little research i did online.

Any feedback/advice is appreciated.
Please ask questions which might make advising easier
smile.gif

Im pretty sure ours is a kitchen aid which has worked great for us for all kinds of stuff.

Kitchenaid all the way. We have 2 of them (in different sizes) and they are built to last.

Kitchenaid is what we have, and have owned it for 15 yrs, no issues. Bowl top has been replaced once, but motor is still very strong.

Other members in the family have Cusinart and also like that brand.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DLC-10S-Classic-7-Cup-Processor/dp/B00004S9EM

I've always thought that Cuisinart was synonymous with a food processor. Anyhow, I recommend the ones with the toggle switches versus the touch-buttons; I find that the touch-button ones will wear out after a while. The slightly older generation two-toggle button ones from Cuisinart 11-cup custom and 14-cup custom will be a bit more expensive than the first one linked, but offer a bit more control for "ON" and "Pulse" not being on the same toggle. Seems that Cuisinart is going to the touch-button on their newer models.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back