Raw chicken wings warmed up to 50-55 degrees for a few hours, toss?

Hopefully the OP is still alive. 😇.

The sauce covering the wings is applied after the wings are cooked. It does not stick to uncooked slimy wings. I’m pretty sure the wings in the costco package have already been cooked (deep fried), then they are covered in the hot sauce and then packaged. The wings in the picture look deep fried to me? All you are doing is reheating them. The deep frying to 350F or so certainly kills any harmful bacteria.
No the wings in my picture were indeed raw. The sauce is a combination of hot sauce and a granular rub. What so many are failing to realize is you're not supposed to cook meat straight from the fridge. It should always be room temp but that fact keeps falling on deaf ears. If a product has already reached room temp and THEN sits out for hours, I wholeheartedly agree toss it, suck up the loss, and start over.

If some of you are happy throwing the wings out in the OP's situation then you should definitely do that. I wouldn't and as stated above, left my own out on purpose for 5 hours prior to cooking for a reason. To each their own👍

What so many are failing to realize is you're not supposed to cook meat straight from the fridge. It should always be room temp but that fact keeps falling on deaf ears. If a product has already reached room temp and THEN sits out for hours, toss it
I agree on bringing steaks, chicken and meats in general to room temperature before cooking or grilling. It make a huge difference. But I’m forever fighting the wifey on this issue. Her mom never did it and she was never wrong in the kitchen and so well….

Back