Reasons to NOT Use Synthetic?

I bought a 94 Mustang, 302HO. 185000 miles. Near as I can tell, the only upgrades include a cold air intake, AOD shift kit, and 3:50 rear.

The PO said to NEVER put synthetic oil in it. I’m just wondering if there would be any reason for this?

What of the most ridiculous threads to be created lately....

Sorry. I really didn’t know why he would say that.

I also own a 66 mustang with a flat tappet cam. So I know about using high zinc oil for that. But I also know guys that run synthetic in cars from every decade. So when the PO said that, I wanted to know if he knew something I didn’t… or was just talking out his rear end.

One of my former employees had a '94 Mustang that he dumped over $12K into. He also said he never used synthetic. His reason was that the "synthetic" part of the oil would "fall out" and "separate" from the base oil because of his super high HP engine (~600hp at the wheels on a dyno). Amused, I asked him how he determined this. He said he could see the sheen on top of the oil after draining it at 1,500 miles. I asked him to change it at the shop one time to show me. He had the worst case of fuel dilution I'd ever seen.

The moral of the story - don't believe anything a Mustang owner tells you about cars, especially related to oil.:ROFLMAO:

One of my former employees had a '94 Mustang that he dumped over $12K into. He also said he never used synthetic. His reason was that the "synthetic" part of the oil would "fall out" and "separate" from the base oil because of his super high HP engine (~600hp at the wheels on a dyno). Amused, I asked him how he determined this. He said he could see the sheen on top of the oil after draining it at 1,500 miles. I asked him to change it at the shop one time to show me. He had the worst case of fuel dilution I'd ever seen.

The moral of the story - don't believe anything a Mustang owner tells you about cars, especially related to oil.:ROFLMAO:
Good God, that's hilarious!

These are the sort of folks that think a wideband is something worn by the ladies they might be inclined to take home from the bar at 2AM after they are a dozen beer deep.

Good God, that's hilarious!

These are the sort of folks that think a wideband is something worn by the ladies they might be inclined to take home from the bar at 2AM after they are a dozen beer deep.

I should also mention that 3 weeks later, he burned that car to the ground trying to do his own electrical work in the engine bay. He insisted the 110 octane fuel he was using burned hotter than "normal fuel" ("white hot" were his words) and the car wouldn't have burned down completely if he'd been using a lower octane fuel. He was a character for sure.

Point of story is: don’t trust a drug user/dealer. End of story.

The old graphite impregnated rope seals used many years ago could have issues when they were old and early ester synthetics were used.
The truth is these seals were worse than tom cats, they liked to mark their spot everywhere they went anyway, the synthetic oil just made them a little worse. The last rope seal I installed that could not be converted to a rubber one was many decades ago on an old Buick front timing cover.
Anyone who has used a Chinese finger knows what I am talking about.

Back