READY for *U l t r a* oil change! ! ! ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Mustang_Cougar

Seriously though, if you're gonna go that far, you have to get a UOA done at the end of your run.

We should really get a VOA done.

We should have an account at BITOG that folks can donate to, to pay for VOAs. Then we can fill them in on the forum and be of high use to everyone...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Is this the columbus blvd or the roosevelt blvd wal mart?

Its in Bensalem PA, next to Neshameny Mall.

Does anyone think that the higher price might be part of a planned marketing move? Start higher, then drop it down so suddenly people are more okay with the price b/c it isn't as high as it used to be?

I mean look at Castrol Edge, wasn't it like $36 for a 5 quart container when it first came out, now it's like $26 (don't know the actual prices). I can't imagine that the marketing or sales department would actually believe that people would buy it for the price that it first came out at, but suddenly the price drops and people seem to be all over it even though it's more than PP, Valvoline SynPower, or even regular M1.

Just a thought

I picked mine up from Walmart today as well. I called the lady earlier and as I walked up to the counter, she smiled. It's like she knew. I said "Pennzoil Ultra", and she said "5 or 10w-30?". It was like a dream. Well...an expensive dream.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: sicko
Does anyone think that the higher price might be part of a planned marketing move? Start higher, then drop it down so suddenly people are more okay with the price b/c it isn't as high as it used to be?

I mean look at Castrol Edge, wasn't it like $36 for a 5 quart container when it first came out, now it's like $26 (don't know the actual prices). I can't imagine that the marketing or sales department would actually believe that people would buy it for the price that it first came out at, but suddenly the price drops and people seem to be all over it even though it's more than PP, Valvoline SynPower, or even regular M1.

Just a thought

It's like ANY new product.
Once a new product hits the market, it cost more money.

The company has spent A LOT of time, man power, and cash on research and development. It is costing Shell more money to make this oil since they just started. Not to mention all of the marketing. Just choosing the bottle color and design probably cost more than a small aircraft.

Once Shell has their marketing out, the start up cost is paid for, and the cost of making the oil levels off, they will settle on a steady price point.

The Walmart in Lake Elsinore California had 4 5qt jugs of 10-30 Ultra and 7, 1 quart bottles of 5-30 Ultra. Not sure where they are going to make room to put the Ultra on the shelf. It appears they were not re-stocking the Valvoline dino oils and the Castrol GTX was on rollback and also not being restocked. The best value on the shelf may have been the Quaker State Ultimate Durability for $18 for a 5qt jug.

Originally Posted By: KeithKman
Where did you get the filter since they don't sell them at Wally World?

Advance Auto Parts

Last edited:
I wish there was some kind of online US map that all the members could collaborate on that marked where this stuff is being found... I WANT TO TASTE THE ULTRA!

So far, I have been unable to find it at WM here in the Denver area. Will keep hunting! This is fun!

I can't believe the fever over this oil!

'Edge' comes out, and everyone is like, 'Eh, I'll pass...'

This stuff comes along, and we're hounding it out of WM clerks!

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I can't believe the fever over this oil!

'Edge' comes out, and everyone is like, 'Eh, I'll pass...'

This stuff comes along, and we're hounding it out of WM clerks!

Thank you addy, I was thinking the same thing, but, since I almost started a war over Edge a week or two ago, I decided to stay out of this one. Oops, well I almost stayed out of it.
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: Mustang_Cougar
Ha! It's people like you (ie, insane) that make me feel better about people like me (ie, slightly touched in the head).

I mean, you called six Wally-Worlds? Then you had to "backdoor" it with a contact named "Ken?" Was he wearing a trench coat? Was the Ultra in a black briefcase? Was it handcuffed to him? Was the transaction done via clicks and grunts? Details, please!

Seriously though, if you're gonna go that far, you have to get a UOA done at the end of your run.

crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back