READY for *U l t r a* oil change! ! ! ! ! !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: defektes
Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
In before Bill states that $15 worth of SM dino will accomplish the same goal (low wear, 200,000+ miles).
wink.gif
grin2.gif

Give him time i hear it comeing...........wait,wait

we need VOAa and UOA's..

Actually 12 dollars worth of dino will get your engine over 200k miles.

Is it 12 dollars per oil change or 12 dollars worth of oil for 200,000 miles?....lol

Dang and I have 5 quarts of Valvoline Maxlife Blend 5W-30 waiting to go in my car for the next oil change.... =P

SEND ONE OF THOSE QUARTS OUT FOR VOA!!! Need a VOA and don't use Blackstone. Use like wearcheck or whatever.

oilstore_2092_183599.jpg

Their marketing department had a field day with this one.
"Ultra Class Synthetic" That's extreme oil ya got there. I still have 10 quarts of PP left. Which means 2 years before I can use a new oil.
21.gif
Hopefully by that time, this Ultra will have had rebates or sold at a lower price.

Last edited:
It's a nice looking label/color scheme though. "Ultra class synthetic" seems like solid marketing to me, it will have to peak the interest of many weekend DIY'er.

Awaiting the VOA, I think this will be going into my truck next oil change.

Originally Posted By: rewote500
Wow, this stuff cost more than M1EP.....

I heard it's 28 a jug. Same price as M1 EP around here.

I'll wait for it to hit either AAP or Auto Zone and becomes part of their OC specials. I'm pretty well set with oil for now, and the one vehicle I'd consider it for won't be due for an OC until June.

Originally Posted By: stenerson
Originally Posted By: rewote500
Wow, this stuff cost more than M1EP.....

I heard it's 28 a jug. Same price as M1 EP around here.

mine are $26

Wow can't believe it my WM is FINALLY up to date,we now have....

PU($28)
M15w30HM($23.50)
EDGE($27)

in our store, well done WM your only weeks,months behind.

I cant believe they got PU out that fast,should have known tho the other day when i was in there cleaning out the 15w50 for $19 it looked they were up to something,lol

I'm going to resist. As a PP user I'm a little upset they didn't just incorporate any improvements into it. I've got some PP 5W20 stashed for my Fords and bought M1 0W30 to try in my wife's Acadia. I wonder if they will phase out PP in favor of the higher priced Ultra.

Originally Posted By: Old Mustang Guy
I wonder if they will phase out PP in favor of the higher priced Ultra.

Makes you wonder...keep watch

I checked AAP today, no PU, just PP, and no space for PU. That is unless they drop something?????? I wonder what it will be?????

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I checked AAP today, no PU, just PP, and no space for PU. That is unless they drop something?????? I wonder what it will be?????

does your WM have PU yet?

Originally Posted By: Old Mustang Guy
I'm going to resist. As a PP user I'm a little upset they didn't just incorporate any improvements into it. I've got some PP 5W20 stashed for my Fords and bought M1 0W30 to try in my wife's Acadia. I wonder if they will phase out PP in favor of the higher priced Ultra.

I think this is a marketing thing. Is there a need for a two tier offering from PZ? I see another Havoline Deposit Shield going on here with a twist. Probably the use of PP is fixed but substantial enough to pay the bills. I figure this due to the constant quench:purge pricing that it's always been subjected to. It has market acceptance at a discount to M1 contemporaries ..and market resistance as it approaches parity.

I think that they figure that they can't just tweak and rebadge the stuff and up the price accordingly like Havoline did with its lowest offering. It's the same thing Castrol did with Edge.

Was there really any "DEMAND" for another offering from either company? This was to allow them something "new" to challenge and crowd BIG M for the top pricing ranks.

Well, I had the oil changed today. After digging out of the snow for two hours, I got to the auto shop to change the oil.

Once the new oil was in, I started the car and it had a deeper exhaust note, much more power, and it went from RWD to AWD!!!

errrrrr. . . . Nope. Just kidding!

The motor was very smooth, as allways. Their did seem to be a bit more of a pep to the engine. But I will be the first to call it all mind play!

I am happy. So I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back