Quaker State to add Synthetic High Mileage and Euro oils to lineup

jbutch said:
Quaker State Euro L 5w-30 seems different than the Pennzoil Euro L though.

13 cst @ 100c isn't even a 30 grade.

I'd be curious to see a voa of that oil

[Linked Image]

That QS PDS also shows the 0WXX testing temperatures for CCS and MRV even though it is supposed to be a 5W30. And the VI is also crazy high for a 5W30.
Lots of little weirdnesses in that PDS!

Not that I doubt the info, but the 29C delta between the D92 and D93 tests for flashpoint is eye opening...

Originally Posted by skated
Shell also makes this for Canadian Tire in canada. I believe it is the Pennzoil Euro L as it has the BMW LL-04 and mercedes and chrysler Low Ash specs for diesels with DPF. Although it doesn't say for diesel anywhere on the packaging just lists the specs. This normally goes on sale for 50% off

And strangely, none of which can be verified on the BeVo website.

Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi
Not that I doubt the info, but the 29C delta between the D92 and D93 tests for flashpoint is eye opening...

Interesting, why do you say that? They the tests are performed using two different methods and equipment, and neither test has high precision.

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by Virtus_Probi

Interesting, why do you say that? They the tests are performed using two different methods and equipment, and neither test has high precision.

This has been discussed before, when it was first brought to my attention I had bought some M1 5W30 ESP and was super impressed by its 250C+ flashpoint...until I realized it was a D92 result and not comparable to the D93 numbers many other oil makers gave.
I had thought that 15-20C deltas were common and 29C really caught my eye...that's an over 50F difference!
Of course, I also now realize that flashpoint is not a huge concern in engine oil as long as it's over 200C or so (D93). It's sort of a nothingburger spec that companies seem to toss out there as PDS filler and I had taken it to be a critical number that gave special insight into "better" oils...

Has anyone seen QS Euro on shelves in the States yet? I’ve yet to stumble on it.

I'll go on a limb and suggest the Euro versions are likely re-bottled Pennzoil/Shell Helix.

Edit - The specs on the LX are identical to the above two... So yes. Could be cheaper than the Pennzoil though, which is nice.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
*I'd be curious about percentage of VII's used in the Euro L versions ? From The Gokhan (sp?) excel spread sheet the SN+ QSUD was down around 3.5% while the Valvoline Advanced was ever lower in the 2.75% VII range . **Lower VII's are better for DI gas engines to help prevent intake valve deposits !

A few months back I found QSUD HM on the shelves at a local Menards, but it was SN Plus/GF-5...My “Queenie Blue” deserves the good stuff so I bought the PPHM instead.

Is Quaker State High Mileage Synthetic Engine Oil
based on Quaker State Ultimate Durability Synthetic Engine Oil ?

Shell also makes this for Canadian Tire in canada. I believe it is the Pennzoil Euro L as it has the BMW LL-04 and mercedes and chrysler Low Ash specs for diesels with DPF. Although it doesn't say for diesel anywhere on the packaging just lists the specs. This normally goes on sale for 50% off

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Such Dexos 2 license ( D225AAAD014 ) does not exist

Found the 5w-40 at my local Wally World. Also is now in stock to order it from the website.

No plans for VOA, but I will probably get an analysis after I change it out of my VR6.

Found the 5w-40 at my local Wally World. Also is now in stock to order it from the website.

No plans for VOA, but I will probably get an analysis after I change it out of my VR6.
Please do! Considering this oil hard myself but I'm really curious to know what's in it and how it holds up.

Or I can just continue running Castrol Euro 5w40 if for no other reason than to annoy edyvw. :p

I will run mine for UOA in about 4 mos./5K miles. Curious as well but I am going with that it will look the same as all the other oils I've run in my Sportwagen - shears down to 30W quickly and plenty of TBN left at that interval.

Back