Budget high miles full synthetic oil?

What's your definition of budget? For me it's always been M1 HM @$24/5qt jug.
I'm change oil for family, so I do 3-4 cars at the same time. Maxlife in a box seem like best for me, plus Fram extra guard. Its just max life aways out off stock

Whatever is on clearance or has a good rebate. Buy when you dont need it so you'll have it when you do. Right now I have on the shelf 0W20 and 5W30 in Kirkland, GM, and M1

Last edited:
What your budget high miles full synthetic motor oil 5k 6 month oil change?

Supertech is a no go for me, Quaker state?

Btw Quaker state high miles full synthetic is same as Quaker state ultimate durability ?
I've always used Valvoline

What your budget high miles full synthetic motor oil 5k 6 month oil change?

Supertech is a no go for me, Quaker state?

Btw Quaker state high miles full synthetic is same as Quaker state ultimate durability ?
Any reason why SuperTech is a "no go" for you? It has the Dexos 1 Gen 3 approval.

The UOA's on BITOG for SuperTech are strong and SuperTech is highly respected here by many BITOGers who've used it for years if not decades.

I've been using SuperTech High Mileage Full Synthetic for years in my 4 2006-2007 Honda Odysseys.
I like it's additive package with generous amounts of anti-wear additives: phosphorous/zinc, and detergent: Calcium.

If SuperTech is still a "no go", these 2 are both excellent choices:
Quaker State Dexos High Mileage Full Synthetic
Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage Full Synthetic

Not carried in store but I’ve ordered two at a time and they ship free.
If you are speaking of Walmart, I just checked and they don't show carrying Chevron Full Synthetic. They do show various Havoline, but again, not available around these parts of SE Michigan.

If not Walmart, where did you buy those-2?

The cheap bottle is sealed, Dont ask me what happened
Second I try super tech oil many times and I note my OLM decreases faster with ST oils.
Can i make a suggestion? Jiffy Lube.

If you cant even trust walmart elcheapos synthetics, maybe a jobber oil service will give a piece of mind. Nevermind the OLM, theyll place a sticker for you to come back in 3k.

I never fan of Walmart's super tech, their bottle sealed is garbage design, why can they make their bottle sealed like mobile 1 , you punch a hole and you can completed pealed it off , with super tech you can to pealed so many time for it to completed off .

I never fan of Walmart's super tech, their bottle sealed is garbage design, why can they make their bottle sealed like mobile 1 , you punch a hole and you can completed pealed it off , with super tech you can to pealed so many time for it to completed off .
I'm not sure why the seal needs to be fully removed. I just punch through with my knuckle (or a wrench, if i have one near) and fold it into the neck in a few directions. They don't tear off when you pour.

It really comes down to the price per quart.

This year I was able to combine a Walmart discount with Pennzoil Pure Platinum rebate.

It ended up costing me only $10 per oil change.

$2 a quart is my trigger point. The brand is secondary.

If you're shopping WM, Quaker state will be the cheapest after ST without factoring in other brands' rebates. You can get it even cheaper by the case if you have a Sam's membership.

I bought some re-usable Exacto knife's from Amazon which are small, sharp, and perfect to cut around the circumference of the SuperTech 5 quart jugs and remove all the plastic cleanly, completely, and quickly with 1 cut.

Here is the knife set I bought:

Back