QSUD 5W-40 now at Walmart

As I said in another post, Chrysler may be more worried about the engine than the DPF with all the trouble they've had. MB and BMW seem more worried about the DPFs.
Well, it is $5000 problem. Maybe they make engine that doesn’t need such oil? MB, BMW etc. are running low-SAPS oils since 2009 in Europe in gas and Diesel engines. I don’t see taxis disintegrating at 100k or numerous BMW police vehicles.

Waiting for the VOA! Local Mart has plenty in stock.
I sent it last month and no-go, my thinking is this one may be lost in transit. I've sent a ton of samples and never had one lost and of course didn't take a pic of the tracking number. I may grab another qt and re-send this week.

I sent it last month and no-go, my thinking is this one may be lost in transit. I've sent a ton of samples and never had one lost and of course didn't take a pic of the tracking number. I may grab another qt and re-send this week.
No worries, I totally understand. I always appreciate your VOA's....thank you!

Fun fact. M1 ripped me on my 5W40 AND 15W50 with the current rebate. Wally receipt for 15W didn't show grade and apparently 0W40 and 5W40 Euro not included. QSUD was $18. M1 is $24. Liquimoly is free from FCP...haha 🤣🤣🤣

Fun fact. M1 ripped me on my 5W40 AND 15W50. Wally receipt for 15W didn't show grade and apparently 0W40 and 5W40 Euro not included. QSUD was $18. M1 is $24.
That too, they initially weren't excepting Euro and then they reneged, but if you already got burnt I could see why you would just take it back.

I've been burned on rebates too, and honestly I don't care for the hassle anyway. Give me your best price up front or forget it.

This QS is most likely a dead ringer for Penn Plat Euro 5w40, which is virtually all GTL base and has a very GDI friendly add pack. And it's 19 bucks a jug. So there are reasons to use it over M1 0w40, which costs more unless you want to mess with rebates, and also has a calcium loaded add pack which is not as GDI friendly. It also meets approvals M1 0w40 doesn't, such as LL-01 which may be important to some people.

I bought an OCI's worth last Saturday I think it's going in the Passat soon.

I've been burned on rebates too, and honestly I don't care for the hassle anyway. Give me your best price up front or forget it.

This QS is most likely a dead ringer for Penn Plat Euro 5w40, which is virtually all GTL base and has a very GDI friendly add pack. And it's 19 bucks a jug. So there are reasons to use it over M1 0w40, which costs more unless you want to mess with rebates, and also has a calcium loaded add pack which is not as GDI friendly. It also meets approvals M1 0w40 doesn't, such as LL-01 which may be important to some people.

I bought an OCI's worth last Saturday I think it's going in the Passat soon.
I'm going to grab a qt today and send another one in (and keep my tracking no. this time!). I'll toss it in with whatever franken-brew will go in my Atlas next time which at this point looks like: 5 qt of M1 FSX2 5W40, 0.5 qt Liquimoly Leichtlauf High Tech 5W40, and the balance this QSUD..hahaha

Frankenstein lives! 😜
PP Euro 5w40 SNPlus.jpg

I am reasonably certain the QS 5w40 is going to look like this PP 5w40 VOA already posted. If you check the PDS's they appear to be dead ringers for each other. I've been looking for a Euro oil that meets all the popular specs but is not calcium loaded. I think I've found it, and at a smokin' price to boot!

The MSDS for the Pennzoil from 2014 is about identical to the QSUD.

The more recent Pennzoil MSDS is worded slightly different. Instead of "Distillates (Fischer -Tropsch)" it has "Interchangeable low viscosity base oil".

Back