QSFS vs Magnatec.

Neither. The best frankenbrew that's been working well in multiple cars is Valvoline Advanced with Magnatec used as the top off, more explicitly 1/2 qt maggie in with the valvoline.
Maggie doesn't do it alone and neither does the Valvo. They must be together.
I have read a couple other on here have tried and are running this brew,

I havent ried the new formulation, but if it sanything like the past I would prefer the QS over the Magnatec.
But with the GTL, IDK ...
being a newbie here , i have seen this mentioned a handful of times , could someone elaborate why this is a combination worth mentioning , i have magnatec , wondering if i should pick up some vas
thanks in advance

I'll watch for these noted issues with my GM 2.4L 4-cyl. With a drive up the Alaska-Canada Highway planned in about a week, I'll be putting about 5K of mostly highway miles on Edge 0W-40 before my next OCI. I am taking plenty of makeup oil with me. This will be my 7th trip either up or down the Al-Can -- that's approximately 24,000 miles!

I'll watch for these noted issues with my GM 2.4L 4-cyl. With a drive up the Alaska-Canada Highway planned in about a week, I'll be putting about 5K of mostly highway miles on Edge 0W-40 before my next OCI. I am taking plenty of makeup oil with me. This will be my 7th trip either up or down the Al-Can -- that's approximately 24,000 miles!
Would be interested to see if someone else has the same issue as me, for now however, Castrol is not going back into my engine (in any viscosity) when there are so many other brands and product lines I've had perfectly good performance with.

Attachments

• dampqr1-f34a465f-344b-447d-9a1d-a4add6d7feee.gif
    dampqr1-f34a465f-344b-447d-9a1d-a4add6d7feee.gif
    834.6 KB · Views: 8
This thread….

I’d use the Castrol product because the baby poop color Quaker state bottle is terrible.

Mix them together and add a teaspoon of SAE30. Make sure to warm the SAE30 to 100 degrees F before adding it. thats critical. :)

Back