Purpose of Firearm Forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Whitewolf
Originally Posted By: Mystic
Originally Posted By: MolaKule
http://www.practicallyshooting.com/community/

This looks like a very interesting website for people who like guns. If the internet troll goes there along with his anti-gun fellow fanatics, I assume they would immediately ban him?

Anyway, maybe I will start going to that website for information on guns and ammunition and shooting.

I'm pleased that you reminded me, I hadn't been on there for ages.

Cool site. Never even heard of it before. That's why we love this place!

Make sure and thank all the gun haters for the publicity...

Same problem on the oil additives forum. Posters who would never dream of adding anything to their oil get on and passionately disrupt attempts by others to discuss oil additives. I dont get it.

I happen to hate Toyotas with a passion, my perogative. I have never been on a Toyota forum in my life and never will.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep

I happen to hate Toyotas with a passion,

Oh no you didn't!
laugh.gif

Good analogy though. You stay out of something you don't like.. very simple process. This is like the folks on Facebook that "like" the CNN/ Fox News pages only to [censored] about what the other side is doing with heated topics.

This is why I mostly stay out of the gun forums here and have an unrelated username for other gun specific forums.

Same problem on the oil additives forum. Posters who would never dream of adding anything to their oil get on and passionately disrupt attempts by others to discuss oil additives. I dont get it.

From what I've seen, many of the comments in the additive section from people (myself included) come about when posters start making claims that either defy the laws of physics or are made with no substantive data whatsoever. Hand-to-the-manifold test, "feels like it's in sport mode", 0.2 MPG increase, butt dyno power increases, oil so slippery it causes engine to idle faster, etc.

It's not the same, that's not a political opinion.

Sorta.

What you are talking about is relevant discussion. Always posts on there "never add anything, they are all snake oil blah blah blah" that adds nothing to the discussion of additives.

I think one member has an alarm that sounds in his house if anyone so much as mentions MMO which he continually mocks and berates but has never used. How does that add anything?

Anyway I dont understand the intentional stir it up additude of people on forums they fundamentally disagree with. Go somewhere else seems obvious to me.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad

I happen to hate Toyotas with a passion,

Oh no you didn't!
laugh.gif

Yes I did! Hondas too. But I am not a Nazi about it, just my personal preference.

No worries. It is all in fun.

32.gif
When I say I like 'Yodas I have to specify I like their Tacos and 4runners and CARS. As well as Lexus CARS.. especially the AWD's. The minivans, cross overs etc. and newer Tundra and Sequoias (I find them too round.) don't interest me one bit.

Same with new Jeeps too nowadays. The only thing they make that interests me is the Wrangler, but I'd only own on as a toy.. Not a DD.

There's too much specifying that needs done with brands and newer cars. Lol.

Hate Honda and Toyota, but own a Kia? That seems perplexing to me.......... That's way off topic.

Anyway I dont understand the intentional stir it up additude of people on forums they fundamentally disagree with. Go somewhere else seems obvious to me.

We can still discuss guns, gun maintenance, etc., here. We just can't make any pro-gun posts. That is fine. When any anti-gun fanatic shows up and posts an anti-gun post, we should all hit the 'Notify' button and inform moderators. We can get a few of these guys banned.

I happen to hate Toyotas with a passion, my perogative. I have never been on a Toyota forum in my life and never will.

Most of these people would never behave like that face to face. Much like children, they do it simply because they can get away with it, and have no accountability in the process.

Originally Posted By: billt460

Most of these people would never behave like that face to face. Much like children, they do it simply because they can get away with it, and have no accountability in the process.

I agree. I also see a hidden agenda, and one member passionate about dumping in the gun threads, and the oil additives forum come to think about it. He has been banned several times before and just keeps coming back for more. Finding him is quite easy, in fact boring at times. The poor guy doesn't take the hint very well.

Hopefully the board mods can see what he's doing and remove his disruptive posts and him [again] rather than taking the Firearms Forum down. Enjoy the 4th!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back