Purchased a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee

130881334_110440780829218_8177979807001246415_n.jpg

We got her an early Christmas present. My Wife was tired of her 2016 Santa Fe sport after 5 1/2 years and 95k miles. It was paid for so why not? After searching and driving vehicles for a couple of months we settled on this. The options she insisted on was the memory driver seat and heated steering wheel (my Ram has it and she fell in love with it). Most vehicles in this category besides the Jeep GC and the Hyundai Palisade you must get darn near the highest trim level to get these two features and I was wanting to stay around 40k or so. The Palisade SEL premium is a little larger with a 3rd row (which we don't need), and most every dealership we called would only take at max 2k off msrp of 44k. This limited GC had the same msrp of 44k. We got 7k off msrp with employee pricing they are offering plus dealer discounts. The dealer also gave us almost the amount for our trade that I would've sold it for without the headache of selling it myself. So that was a plus.

Anything negative I should watch for?

She's happy so i'm happy, lol. I'll do a review on it in the future after we get a few miles on it.

She'll get pennzoil platinum 0w-20 and wix filters every 5-7k.

I really liked my 2010 for the features, etc. I'd say just trade it when it gets out of warranty and you'll be fine. That's what I did with mine. Found myself along side one of these the other day and was curious if it was likely the V6 or V8 (it had a single straight exhaust pipe sticking about the back, maybe 2.75" across or so?). I did a quick google and the V6 and V8 are relatively close in performance for 0-60 and 1/4 mile. Pretty wild. Kinda gotta say the V6 is the smart buy on this vehicle as the Pentastar is pretty proven and boringly reliable, in and of itself. PP is good, Wix is good. I've run that combo in several vehicles.

If you have the v6, the oil filter housing/cooler assembly is known to crack if over tightened and leak oil. Other than that, the v6 is a great engine. If you have the v8, the exhaust manifold studs like to break. Either way the 8 speed and assuming you have AWD are amazing.

Great vehicles. Had one as a rental car a while back and enjoyed it. Wife and I have the 3.6 in our 2019 Wrangler. Pretty impressed with the engine and transmission so far. I have been running Rotella G/T 0w20 and Mopar filters.....I'd think PP would be very similar.

Enjoy the new ride!

Nice ride. My daughter has a 2019 Grand Cherokee and loves it. No problems so far
I buy OEM filters at the dealer here. They are not expensive here, the filter I mean.
Nice job on the price you got and enjoy the vehicle

Hi.
You have a really nice Jeep there. I hope your wife will be happy with it.
If i may say so, you made a wise choice getting the V6 petrol and not the EcoDiesel. They are still one of the best looking 4x4 out there.

Nice Jeep, those ride very nicely and hold up well. My father has a slightly older version of the same WK2 platform (2013) and I think he will keep his until the wheels fall off he loves it so much.

Congrats. My wife and I have a black one it's a 2014 and we really like it. I think it has had over a dozen recalls but everything works fine and
the recalls were pro-active. It only has 64,000 miles and as far as the oil filter is concerned I have not had any problems with it cracking or anything. The engine runs very quiet too. We will probably get another Jeep GC after this one grows old.

The only thing I did was replace the battery last year. It's located underneath the passenger seat and would be difficult to change if it went dead in a blizzard or very cold weather. I took the easy way out and changed the battery before cold weather hit. The batteries are huge and cost about $200.00.

EXCELLENT vehicle. My wife has a 2014 Fully loaded 4x4 Overland - 128k miles no isssues....Everthing still works (even air suspension and long range radar etc) and it is still as smooth and quiet as day 1. The only repairs I made were a L/S motor mount, the oil cooler on top the motor (common issue with all 3.6L) and a thermostat. Brakes didn't need done until 85k, did tune up at 102k and new battery sometime in 2019. I follow the oil life monitor and use 5W/30 Mobil 1 HM with Wix filters. You will love it.

Nice looking vehicle. People love their Jeeps. But Consumer Reports does not rate the reliability very good on Jeeps. But that has been an issue for years. I replaced the engine in my Jeep Grand Cherokee (2001) at 96K

The only thing I did was replace the battery last year. It's located underneath the passenger seat and would be difficult to change if it went dead in a blizzard or very cold weather. I took the easy way out and changed the battery before cold weather hit. The batteries are huge and cost about $200.00.
I got a 5 yr battery at Walmart for $140. Was a little trickey but being inside the vehicle is why my original battery lasted so long.

Nice looking vehicle. People love their Jeeps. But Consumer Reports does not rate the reliability very good on Jeeps. But that has been an issue for years. I replaced the engine in my Jeep Grand Cherokee (2001) at 96K.
There is a 20 year difference between these platforms, and Consumer Reports is only good for bathroom reading material.

Back