Bought 2014 Accord LX BLK/BLK With Good Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Vikas was suggesting the people who "know better" and "could do better" would let you know and cause consternation. However you did such a good job it's impossible to argue with.

Originally Posted By: k24a4
Were you buying the car for your daughter?

What are your thoughts on the Accord? Different animals for sure, but how does it compare to your '94 Lexus?

The Lexus LS400 was the best sub $50k sedan in the early 90's. But after 20 years and 380k miles it started to show its age. Several minor parts are failing, it had been in the shop 5-6 times in the last 2-3 years. I think we got our money out of this Lexus.

The cheapest Accord, the LX, has more passenger room than the LS400, the trunk seems to be larger too, its interior material is not as high quality. It drives not as good as the Lexus when it was new 20 years ago.

The Camry ride is softer and quieter but handling is not as good as Accord. I didn't test drive other similar cars such as Huyndai Sonata, Kia Optima and Ford Fusion so I have no idea.

My daughter like Accord better than others, most of her friends have Accords, riding in her friends cars influenced her car choice.

There is not much better family sedan than Accord LX at much lower price. All of them are within few hundreds.

There is always somebody who will tell you that he could have done a better deal. Or will tell you that you should have bought the Sport instead of the LX or will tell you that you paid too much as you could have got a Mazda6 instead etc. There are lots of example of thread derailment like this.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
There is always somebody who will tell you that he could have done a better deal. Or will tell you that you should have bought the Sport instead of the LX or will tell you that you paid too much as you could have got a Mazda6 instead etc. There are lots of example of thread derailment like this.

Good point about the Mazda 6. Hadn't thought of that till YOU mentioned it.

wink.gif

Seriously though, congrats to the OP and his daughter and thanks for sharing.

Vikas,

Thanks for your observation and advice.

I didn't say I bought that car at the lowest possible price. If anyone anywhere in USA bought the same car, 2014 Accord LX, for less what we paid great for him/her. I didn't say Honda Accord is better than any other brand/model either. There is no good/bad taste in a vehicle choice.

Sure, when someone posts about buying his/her car, someone else will say another brand/model/trim level ... are better and/or for less money ... It's the natural of a site like this. I do respect every one choice of their vehicle(s), each one like different attributes of the vehicle they choose to pay for. I never own a pickup nor SUV nor minivan I probably never own one either, that doesn't mean I don't like the drivers of those vehicles, or I don't get along with those drivers.

All I did was sharing my experience with buying a car last weekend.

Great price on a real nice car. I like the look of those new Accords. It looks like a much more expensive car inside and out.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

All I did was sharing my experience with buying a car last weekend.

Thank you for sharing. I find posts like yours useful for people in the market to buy such a vehicle.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
The owner accept the offer with a little trick with paperwork: Selling price is $21,100 plus tax and license then deduct $500 rebate from HMC(Honda Manufacture Corporation), so we paid a little more tax (8% of $500 = $40). I wasn't happy about that $40 extra tax but he said no other way that can done so we accept it. Also, his Finance guy would try to get the HFC(Honda Finance Corporation) special interest of 0.9%.

The total out of the door was $22,5xx. It isn't bad for $2950 below MSRP and $1260 below Invoice.

I found that the $500 rebate from HMC(Honda Manufacture Corporation) is for "a recent or soon-to-be college graduate ... Honda would like to give you $500 toward any new 2013 or 2014 model year Honda automobile when you finance or lease with Honda Financial Services"

http://automobiles.honda.com/current-offers.aspx

So, the actual price we paid was $760 not $1260 below invoice. It was about what I expected, $500-600 below dealer invoice is very doable with most brands.

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Around here people are so in love with Japanese cars you have to pay MSRP or more on hot models.

When a new model comes out our local Toyota dealer tacks on a few grand extra profit in a "market adjustment". Morons pay it.

Similar here. Walk into any of the 3 or so Buffalo area Honda dealers attempting to buy a basic Accord LX for $2950 off sticker and you'll basically get a "No can do. Have a nice day!".

Same with Toyota or Subaru.

Great deal for the OP though! I do marvel at the deals people get.

Last edited:
Very nice indeed!

I really like the new Accords. They drive very well, and it's quite a bit of car for the money.

Plus, the new generation direct injection engines are capable of fantastic MPG's if driven carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back