Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

Oil for the dirt bikes, filters for the neighbor's van.
1684875456504.jpg

Just bought 20 liters of Penrite 10W40 Pao on special for $280.00au delivered with a K&N oil filter.

I'd previously been using Hi-Tec oils PAO 10w50 with a Bosch 72208ws Premium filter in my 2005 Jaguar XJ8 with headers 200 Cel metal cats and
K&N panel filter and remap to suit.

The Hi-Tec,s been in there for 3000 K,s and 8 years thought time for a change even though it's still as clean as the day it went in. I might do an analysis on the old oil to see what's been going on

I'd only just put her back on the road in 2020 just so Covid could put her back into hibernation "argh" having had plans to change the oil back then.

The car has sat in my storage shed with a trickle charger under a cover all this time.

I thought I'd try the 10w40 as it was on special !

The grade specified by Jaguar made the engine rattle on start up and considering it revs fairly high for a minute before settling down made me scour the internet with lots of BITOG research got me looking at Pao oil's wanting something that's going to protect it and back then Pao oils had started to become readily available thought I'd try some and the only one available to me was the Hi-Tec 10w50 I would have preferred a 10w40 so now I am

My older brother was astonished when it started first crank last week after 18 month's of standing still 9nce she's serviced I'm going to use her again for long drives out into the country to visit the kids as previously I hated driving it around town on short stop start trips

anyone tried K&N oil filters for cars and what's your feelings about them as the Bosch 7229ws are not available in Australia atm

1686025688958.jpeg

My friend and neighbor is going through a rough patch and her Fusion needed servicing. I took it down to "my guy" and had the car checked over and had him do an oil change for her. He stocks M1 in his shop so that's what was used for the change. He used whatever filter he uses for the shop and made sure that all the other fluids were topped up. He checked the brakes and changed the air and cabin filters. She's good to go for another year or so ... (y)

I’m from British Columbia but was in Washington State over the weekend. I stopped at one of those drive in burger places and noticed a Walmart across the street so stopped in to see what they had.

Picked up a jug of QS 5w40 Euro and Supertech filter for the 2010 Frontier. The Supertech is nothing special but we don’t seem to have them up here yet.

The price on this was about the same as what I’d pay for Supertech 5w40 and a Fram filter. I was flummoxed by the use of gallons but they did also list quarts and litres. Gallons are still used up here sometimes but it can be confusing because you don’t always know if it’s Imperial or US gallons. Imperial gallons are about 20% more.

Picked up some Motomaster OePlus 5w30 and a Fram Ultra for my 5.7 Hemi Durango. Decided to dump the 0w20 for the summer since it’s going to spend most of this summer towing our trailer up heavy grades and drag racing on Friday nights.

This stuff is made by Shell, can’t find much info on it from this site but it checks all the criteria boxes needed, and it’s their highest end they sell of this house brand. So far zero hemi tick on start up so im happy.

Picked up some Motomaster OePlus 5w30 and a Fram Ultra for my 5.7 Hemi Durango. Decided to dump the 0w20 for the summer since it’s going to spend most of this summer towing our trailer up heavy grades and drag racing on Friday nights.

This stuff is made by Shell, can’t find much info on it from this site but it checks all the criteria boxes needed, and it’s their highest end they sell of this house brand. So far zero hemi tick on start up so im happy.
Drag racing huh? That Durango is running full spectrum from family duty to drag strip. Any modifications done to it?

Drag racing huh? That Durango is running full spectrum from family duty to drag strip. Any modifications done to it?
Nah not much. Intake and exhaust, runs low 14’s. Nothing special but still lots of fun, my local track runs street legal events all summer. Hopefully getting in tuned this summer to get it into the 13’s. Would love to put a whipple on it but considering it’s other duties, I think it’s risky lol.

But overall has been an awesome vehicle, had it for nearly 4 years now and never skips a beat, just rolled over 90k km on the trip up to whistler towing the trailer

Back