Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

Got two of these to try running a 10w30 in my ecoboost.

Attachments

• 0958B1A5-A7DA-4838-91A3-FF62BA1B0857.jpeg
    0958B1A5-A7DA-4838-91A3-FF62BA1B0857.jpeg
    109 KB · Views: 33
8D2889F6-66EE-429C-9E2E-BBC252D628CF.jpeg

Purchased this filter today at O’Reilly for my new to me 1994 Camry. Read good things about these on here. As much as I hate to use a store brand product I’m going to give it a try. Says Mann and Hummel on the box. Counter guy tried to tell me all off brand filters are made by Wix I told him I disagreed but we stopped there haha. I like the oil filter location on this new to me Camry. Right on top the engine but it’s mounted sideways though. Cap specs 10W-30 oil so that’s what I’ll be using. Have some 10W-30 at the house but I’ll probably pick up some more as I don’t have enough.

Says Mann and Hummel on the box. Counter guy tried to tell me all off brand filters are made by Wix I told him I disagreed but we stopped there haha.
Could be a Wix, Purolator, or Mann, even Mann-Hummel can't make up their mind which filter belongs in which box, I've seen Wix filters that are made like Euro man filters that came from China, and a Mann Filter that was clearly a Motorcraft FL-910S with a Mann paint job.

238020CB-D65A-4426-9DE8-62EAFB155660.jpeg

A jug of Castrol Edge High Mileage Full Synthetic motor oil for my new Camry. You know a Toyota is old when it specs 10W-30 oil and it only needs SH spec haha. The Castrol was more expensive than Mobil 1, Valvoline and Quaker State but I like my Castrol. Not a fan of Mobil 1 for no particular reasons other than it looks boring haha. Valvoline is good too but I’ve been only using Valvoline here lately but I miss my Castrol so I got it lol. It’s only had Valvoline run in it since the person I got it from had it. I went ahead and got synthetic since that’s what he run in it. I personally would only have used conventional for a 10W-30 oil but that’s just me. I purposely took this picture to send to my friends who believe Walmart doesn’t sell real oil. Transmission fluid and wipers for it too haha. Had to Valvoline transmission fluid they didn’t have any Castrol.

View attachment 152164
A jug of Castrol Edge High Mileage Full Synthetic motor oil for my new Camry. You know a Toyota is old when it specs 10W-30 oil and it only needs SH spec haha. The Castrol was more expensive than Mobil 1, Valvoline and Quaker State but I like my Castrol. Not a fan of Mobil 1 for no particular reasons other than it looks boring haha. Valvoline is good too but I’ve been only using Valvoline here lately but I miss my Castrol so I got it lol. It’s only had Valvoline run in it since the person I got it from had it. I went ahead and got synthetic since that’s what he run in it. I personally would only have used conventional for a 10W-30 oil but that’s just me. I purposely took this picture to send to my friends who believe Walmart doesn’t sell real oil. Transmission fluid and wipers for it too haha. Had to Valvoline transmission fluid they didn’t have any Castrol.
Have you figured out the reverse issue yet?
How many miles on it?
Get that thing running right and it'll last forever.

Have you figured out the reverse issue yet?
How many miles on it?
Get that thing running right and it'll last forever.
Negative on the reverse issue but have been so excited about the car I’ve been buying stuff for it haha. Tomorrow or sometime I’ll need to investigate further. First thing I’m going to check is the linkage then if that doesn’t determine anything I’ll check solenoids when I drop the pan to change the filter and gasket. 204,000 on it. Runs like a top and rides so smooth. No leaks anywhere except a small pin hole in the valve cover gasket right at the front. I wish i could drive it around lol. Can’t till we get it registered though and that will probably be Saturday. I’ve been so pumped about it all day haha.

Found out that Toyota will reimburse you with the oil and filter if you did your own oil change at the first dealership 10,000mi oil change. We just did the 3rd oil change (1,000mi break in change, 5,000mi, and 10,000mi) on a 2021 Toyota Tundra 5.7L. They even included the dealership upsell additive for free.
Lol not going in.
IMG_0034.jpeg

Found out that Toyota will reimburse you with the oil and filter if you did your own oil change at the first dealership 10,000mi oil change. We just did the 3rd oil change (1,000mi break in change, 5,000mi, and 10,000mi) on a 2021 Toyota Tundra 5.7L. They even included the dealership upsell additive for free.
Lol not going in.
View attachment 152271
Glad to hear, because I intend to take them up on that offer also then when its time for mine. Check signature....

Lol not going in.
View attachment 152271
Snake oil right there.

Lol not going in.
View attachment 152271
This might work well as motorcycle chain lube.

Picked up 4 (2-5qt jugs each) boxes of Kirkland 0W-20. Costco had it on sale for $30.99. Also 8 Super Tech ST6607's. The lady drives a LOT for work (80% highway) and I'm changing oil on that vehicle every two to three months at 7500 mile intervals. Essentially paying half for the next eight oil changes. Bargain.

Wow! That a hard life. Any make up oil??
maybe 1.5L total top up so it won't go down to low mark. And I had to idle it for 10-15mins in the morning during the winters to defrost the windshields and windows. No garage and we always have episodes of cold spells of -35c to -40c lasting for few days and most of the time I don't plug the block heater in.

There's A LOT MORE I purchased this year but my memory is crap !!

(30) Mobil 1 10W-30 $6 each ;)
(4) Castrol Edge 0W-20 6 GAL eco boxes $6 each
(10) K&N PS-2006 $3 each Walmart clearance
(lost count) Clearance oil from Walmart ( Valvoline Daily protection, Chevron Delo, Rotella 10W-30, Castrol Full syn, Roschfran's Mexican oil ;)
(5) M1 eco bag in box 6 gallon 5W-30 and 0W20 .....................$6 each box :cool:(y)🤤

I found one jug of the discontinued Castrol GTX synthetic 5w-20 at a Walmart in Oxford, FL for $13. Nothing else was on clearance.

I'm VERY shocked you were able to find this after 2 months !! Those went on clearance back in February and were WIPED OUT FAST !! I was only able to find 10 jugs with 15 stores on my 2 state work route

Back