Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

Yeah, their EHC bases are a very popular sell to other blenders, including Shell.
The business to business relations in this industry are so fascinating. Shell sells GTL to XOM. XOM sells EHC to Shell. XOM and Shell jointly own Infineum. It's so wild how the competitors really are actually allies.

Yeah, their EHC bases are a very popular sell to other blenders, including Shell.
The business to business relations in this industry are so fascinating. Shell sells GTL to XOM. XOM sells EHC to Shell. XOM and Shell jointly own Infineum. It's so wild how the competitors really are actually allies.

That's why it's hilarious when folks like @AutoMechanic are dead set on avoiding "synthetic" (read: Group III) oils and only want to run "conventional" when the reality is that a modern Group II/II+ is produced in the same manner as a modern Group III, it just isn't processed enough to yield a VI high enough to make the cut to be labelled as Group III. This also reduces production costs which is why Group II(+) bases like Mobil's EHC are a great low-cost blending option for grades like 10W-40, as they offer a ton of bang for your buck.

View attachment 146942
Well, ya can’t fix stupid. 🤣🤣🤣😍

The more I learn about Valvoline, the more inclined I am to buy something else
Other than the regular Maxlife, Maxlife ATF, and VR1 , I can't say there's much reason to buy most Valvoline products. Valvoline was most relevant in the era when Pennzoil and Quaker State were kind of infamous for sludge, but nowadays they seem like they're just another blender and Shell and XOM are more ahead of the curve and Chevron's at least out there developing low SAPS products for the heavy duty diesel space.

Other than the regular Maxlife, Maxlife ATF, and VR1 , I can't say there's much reason to buy most Valvoline products. Valvoline was most relevant in the era when Pennzoil and Quaker State were kind of infamous for sludge, but nowadays they seem like they're just another blender and Shell and XOM are more ahead of the curve and Chevron's at least out there developing low SAPS products for the heavy duty diesel space.
Totally agree. I'm pretty committed to running all Shell and XOM products from now on unless things somehow change dramatically. I currently have some Valvoline stash to get through (motorcycle oil, some gear oil, and in my grease gun) and once those are through I'm done with them.

OMG! A great oil, that will do fine in a Duratech 🥱😱😱😱💀☠️👽

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 24
AAD1BFF9-9B63-47DA-9100-6DDE2FF1AD93.jpeg

One quart of this Quaker State All Mileage 5W-30 oil. Last quart Walmart had for tonight. They were restocking everything so probably more on the pallet. Dads Camry uses oil about a quart every 2,000-2,500 miles so we keep an extra on hand. Poured the last extra 5W-30 in yesterday which was Havoline so we wanted to go ahead and get another one for next time. I don’t ever see many people posting about the all mileage like I have here. I’ve seen some good results with Quaker State here and used it in my truck once for the first oil change after I got it and haven’t had any issues so I trust it. This was cheaper than SuperTech too surprisingly. Had I not already gotten oil for the Escape and his car and moms car and my truck I probably would have chose Quaker State for at least one of them as they had just freshly restocked it.

4CDBCCB8-DC3E-4316-A0FE-6C9F31BA6D35.jpeg
87A1A8FD-C783-4D0F-A2A1-7D62B5B2C408.jpeg
07B109F9-6D1D-453B-9CD6-60A983E236C3.jpeg
4421E8E5-9B64-41A9-9629-251DF3E990F3.jpeg

Not really a purchase but I found these in a used car at work that was a trade in. A 4 cylinder Tacoma. They will fit 4 cylinder Tacoma’s and older Highlander and possibly Sequoia too can’t remember. But nice finds. Still had the receipt in with them too. From OEMPartSource. One has a slight bit of rust at the top but I think they will still be good filters. The G2 filters are no longer made the D1 took their spot.

View attachment 147985View attachment 147986View attachment 147987View attachment 147988
Not really a purchase but I found these in a used car at work that was a trade in. A 4 cylinder Tacoma. They will fit 4 cylinder Tacoma’s and older Highlander and possibly Sequoia too can’t remember. But nice finds. Still had the receipt in with them too. From OEMPartSource. One has a slight bit of rust at the top but I think they will still be good filters. The G2 filters are no longer made the D1 took their spot.
PirolTor made for Toyota🤔🤔

2 of these. Is $12.97/each worth it? I’ll cut and post one and slap one on the Focus with Duratech 2.0
Anymore the wirebacked microglass filters from everyone are around $15, Royal Purple are a buck cheaper from Royal Purple direct if you want to buy bulk and buy enough to get free shipping, but $13 is the new normal for a filter like this, it's still cheaper than a Royal Purple or Amsoil when buying small quantities and it's essentially the same filter, I'd probably just use both of them and cut them up once you've used them, we've already seen what they look like on the inside and $13 is a little steep just to throw it away.

Is that supposed to be a tier better than the Ultra Adam?
They rate them at 25,000mi instead of the 20,000mi of the Ultra, but they're essentially a Royal Purple filter, the ISO 4548-12 testing showed that the old Ultra had more holding capacity than the equivalent Royal Purple filter, I can't say how it compares to the new Ultra in terms of capacity, but it's arguably better constructed since it's wire backed microglass versus microglass over cellulose and the can is thicker.

Anymore the wirebacked microglass filters from everyone are around $15, Royal Purple are a buck cheaper from Royal Purple direct if you want to buy bulk and buy enough to get free shipping, but $13 is the new normal for a filter like this, it's still cheaper than a Royal Purple or Amsoil when buying small quantities and it's essentially the same filter, I'd probably just use both of them and cut them up once you've used them, we've already seen what they look like on the inside and $13 is a little steep just to throw it away.
In hindsight I’m kinda wishing I got 2 Fram ULTRAS for$8~ each. Least I know what I’m getting

Scavenged 4 Ultra XG2 from my local Walmarts, regular price ($8.97 each).

All of them are wire backed (which apparently might be normal? Someone here mentioned they haven't changed the XG2 from original media). There are some left which I may go grab just to have them, but I only use one per year.

Back