Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

Went and bought some QSFS 5w-40 and changed it out this morning in the 5.0. Still have the 10 qts of PP 5w-30 I bought two weeks ago for the rebate. I’ll probably just throw those in the wife’s Rogue and use the $20 rebate towards my next OCI.

Attachments

• B0E0AAA1-4EF0-4E0F-BC65-77FE4E931238.jpeg
    B0E0AAA1-4EF0-4E0F-BC65-77FE4E931238.jpeg
    134.7 KB · Views: 17
A2CD68E6-F8F7-4E9A-810D-5EC2A021BF8E.jpeg

Bought 6 quarts of this yesterday at Sam’s Club for $26. Can’t hardly find 10W-40 in my neck of the woods anymore. Walmart got rid of most of theirs and all the auto parts stores have limited selection of it and I’m picky when it comes to oil lol.

View attachment 146918
Bought 6 quarts of this yesterday at Sam’s Club for $26. Can’t hardly find 10W-40 in my neck of the woods anymore. Walmart got rid of most of theirs and all the auto parts stores have limited selection of it and I’m picky when it comes to oil lol.
That’s a blend; not conventional. We all know how “picky” you are🤣🤣🤣🤣

That’s a blend; not conventional. We all know how “picky” you are🤣🤣🤣🤣
Pretty sure it’s conventional. Only 5W and below are blends or full synthetic from what I’ve read here. If it is a blend I’m gonna be mad. It doesn’t say it on the box or bottles. I’m mostly picky about name brands as I won’t run store brand.

Pretty sure it’s conventional. Only 5W and below are blends or full synthetic from what I’ve read here. If it is a blend I’m gonna be mad. It doesn’t say it on the box or bottles. I’m mostly picky about name brands as I won’t run store brand.
The oil company doesn’t have to tell you anything especially if it’s a blend. I’d bet it has some GTL basestock like PYB used to have also. Advertising works I see

If you know what this is, tells you a lot. Also, most oils are a blend to be honest. Even our bulk oil at work explicitly says it’s a blend. Knowledge is your friend

Attachments

• 00485964-D289-42E8-B7FC-688481F43FC7.jpg
    00485964-D289-42E8-B7FC-688481F43FC7.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 25
. I’d bet it has some GTL basestock like PYB used to have also.
Probably not anymore, when PYB had lots of GTL in it, it was during the period that they really just started using GTL and had tons of excess, they now sell a lot more GTL to other blenders and have products of their own like RT6 15W40 that use some of the heavier GTL base oils, they probably aren't dumping expensive GTL in the PYB anymore.

Probably not anymore, when PYB had lots of GTL in it, it was during the period that they really just started using GTL and had tons of excess, they now sell a lot more GTL to other blenders and have products of their own like RT6 15W40 that use some of the heavier GTL base oils, they probably aren't dumping expensive GTL in the PYB anymore.
Well, we don’t know this for a fact. Good luck asking SOPUS also

Back