Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

F1F004CE-3A35-4F5A-9694-0D382CA32E17.jpeg

Oil and filters for this weekend. 10 quarts Toyota 0W20. 4.7 for the Camry and 5.2 for my sisters Honda Odyssey. The Wix filter is for the Honda and the Toyota A1 filter for the Camry. Couldn’t source a new drain plug gasket for the Honda but I think it will be ok to reuse. None of the auto parts stores that work uses (which is all of them) had any. The Wix filter was brought from Auto Plus. I only paid $4.99 a quart for this oil. The conventional is $2.99 but of course they don’t have conventional 0W20. The advantages of being an employee haha.

View attachment 145452
Oil and filters for this weekend. 10 quarts Toyota 0W20. 4.7 for the Camry and 5.2 for my sisters Honda Odyssey. The Wix filter is for the Honda and the Toyota A1 filter for the Camry. Couldn’t source a new drain plug gasket for the Honda but I think it will be ok to reuse. None of the auto parts stores that work uses (which is all of them) had any. The Wix filter was brought from Auto Plus. I only paid $4.99 a quart for this oil. The conventional is $2.99 but of course they don’t have conventional 0W20. The advantages of being an employee haha.
Just out of curiosity, what year is your sister's Odyssey? My '12 takes 4.5 qts with filter change and 4.2 without. Did they change the oil capacity for the 3.5 engine at some point?

Just out of curiosity, what year is your sister's Odyssey? My '12 takes 4.5 qts with filter change and 4.2 without. Did they change the oil capacity for the 3.5 engine at some point?
Hers is a 2015. According to ProDemand which is our service at work it says 5.2 I’ll double check and make sure though because it has been wrong before.

View attachment 145452

You folks must not be near a dealership. I can call our aftermarket supply place and get 100 of those crush washers and delivered same day.

You folks must not be near a dealership. I can call our aftermarket supply place and get 100 of those crush washers and delivered same day.
The Honda dealership is actually next door but they tend not to deal with us and want us to bring all the Honda we get to them. If I walked in there with my uniform on they would freak out. And they have the same lunch we do so I didn’t have time to go. We checked Napa, Auto Plus, Auto Zone, Advanced and O’Reilly and Federated not a single gasket to be found same day. Kind of weird as Honda is common vehicle. We could order one and have it next day but I needed it for the weekend. That’s in the town I work in. I might be able to find one in my hometown today.

The Honda dealership is actually next door but they tend not to deal with us and want us to bring all the Honda we get to them. If I walked in there with my uniform on they would freak out. And they have the same lunch we do so I didn’t have time to go. We checked Napa, Auto Plus, Auto Zone, Advanced and O’Reilly and Federated not a single gasket to be found same day. Kind of weird as Honda is common vehicle. We could order one and have it next day but I needed it for the weekend. That’s in the town I work in. I might be able to find one in my hometown today.
That’s very strange. At my work we get say 100-200 of them from Honda no questions asked.

A943C598-9051-458C-AC7F-91C30DC8B079.jpeg

6 quarts of Valvoline High Mileage Synthetic Blend motor oil for my 2008 Ford Escape. Paid a little more than I should have at work but it helps out the Auto Plus store which is our main parts source. $6.88 a quart with my discount. And it helps out my parts guy at work who is commissioned not hourly. So he will love when I pay my $300 tab with all the parts and oil lol. I requested this oil because that’s mainly what I use in it. I don’t have a problem using other oils just prefer this as when I sent off my oil sample two years ago they said it was the cleanest engine they had ever seen with this many miles so it’s doing something right. They put it in a Pro Line box. I’ve never heard of Pro Line oil or seen posts about it here so I had to look it up lol. My preferences are Castrol or Valvoline. Just what I grew to know. Nothing wrong with any oil. Everyone has their preferences. I found it strange we don’t stock any high mileage oil at work.

View attachment 146293
6 quarts of Valvoline High Mileage Synthetic Blend motor oil for my 2008 Ford Escape. Paid a little more than I should have at work but it helps out the Auto Plus store which is our main parts source. $6.88 a quart with my discount. And it helps out my parts guy at work who is commissioned not hourly. So he will love when I pay my $300 tab with all the parts and oil lol. I requested this oil because that’s mainly what I use in it. I don’t have a problem using other oils just prefer this as when I sent off my oil sample two years ago they said it was the cleanest engine they had ever seen with this many miles so it’s doing something right. They put it in a Pro Line box. I’ve never heard of Pro Line oil or seen posts about it here so I had to look it up lol. My preferences are Castrol or Valvoline. Just what I grew to know. Nothing wrong with any oil. Everyone has their preferences. I found it strange we don’t stock any high mileage oil at work.
Woulda been better hitting your Wal Mart and paying $7-8 for Castrol Edge 🤣🤣🤣😝

AZ had a special running and I needed to use some expiring rewards cash. Quite the deal for about $30.
5qt STP (Amalie) Euro 5W-40, STP S10600XL oil filter, STP CAF1800C cabin filter.

Bought some oil for my WRX. Trying to stock up on the euro 5w30 and take advantage of the rebate.

Also picked up a few of the new Fram synthetic endurance filters. I was very surprised to see a full stocking of the new Frams.

Attachments

• IMG_0491.jpeg
    IMG_0491.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0486.jpeg
    IMG_0486.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 35
Back