Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

3 quarts Delo Gear ESI 80w90 … decided a premium semi is plenty good for front GM axle.
Shipped free from Walmart since I got some non automotive items above $35.
Arrived in a well stuffed package.

3x 5qt jugs of Castrol GTX High Mileage 20W-50, they were $12/ea on prime day, I thought they may be aging stock because they were marked down so much but it appears they were manufactured the 56th day of this year so only about 6months old.
1602969507276.png

I recently bought a case of 12 of these Valvoline VO-106 filters, made by Champion Labs in 2019, for $2.49 a piece including free shipping on eBay. I'll use these on two of my vehicles and a neighbor's Frontier for 4-5K mile intervals. It's nice to get a decent, low price filter that's actually made in the USA.

Attachments

• Valvoline VO-106.jpg
    Valvoline VO-106.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I recently bought a case of 12 of these Valvoline VO-106 filters, made by Champion Labs in 2019, for $2.49 a piece including free shipping on eBay. I'll use these on two of my vehicles and a neighbor's Frontier for 4-5K mile intervals. It's nice to get a decent, low price filter that's actually made in the USA.
No offense but “made in USA” or “made in China” is absolutely irrelevant, what matters is the quality control

Well, if you think passing an ISO something something air pressure test is good enough for you, that's you. It's not the QC I look for.
I’ve never said that a pressure test is good for me, I’ll appreciate you not trying putting any words into my mouth. So what is that you’re looking for? Just the mere fact that it’s made in the USA?

Last edited:
I’ve never said that a pressure test is good for me, I’ll appreciate you not trying putting any words into my mouth. So what is that you’re looking for? Just the mere fact that it’s made in the USA?
The pressure test is the main QC measurement of oil filters made in Asia, correct? Thought so. It's my personal choice to buy oil filters made by Champion Laboratories, a long established American company, compared to buying something that came from some random, unknown factory sweat shop assembly line in Asia.

Last edited:
I've gone Schaeffer.

1x 12 quart case of 9000 5w-20
1x 6 gallon case of 9000 5w-30
1x 12 quart case of #205A Automatic Transmission Fluid
1x 12 quart case of 75w-90 Supreme Gear Lube

Arrived via FedEx Ground, on a pallet delivered directly to my garage, free shipping.

thumbsup2.gif
Theres something to be said for having a quality product delivered right to your door.

Not my purchases, but purchases on behalf of my friend
-5 cases of Amsoil Dominator 15w50
-2 cases Amsoil Severe Gear 75w140
-3 cases Havoline MD-3 transmission fluid
-2 cases Prestone conventional green premix
-2 5 quart jugs Castrol GTX Magnatec 5w30
-2 5 quart jugs Quaker State Ultimate Durability 10w30
-10 Wix 51069R racing oil filters
-6 1 gallon jugs Acdelco 15w40 diesel engine oil

12 Subaru 15208AA15A oil filters. I have 2 Subarus that see 6 month oil changes. Should cover me for 3 years each. Got what I thought was a decent deal on Amazon. After tax and 5% off, just over $6 a piece.

1 jug SuperTech High Mileage Full Syn API SP
Looks like date code is 20200910 17:53

Fram TG 6607 -- I'm not planning on running it for for the 15k duration....probably only for 6-8 months interval. Car is mostly driven in city, but does see some cross-town highway use.

Purchased bottle of P.P. 5w-30 ( SP , GF-6 ) for snowblowers and P.P. 10w-30 ( SN , GF-5 ) for Champion Generator ( 3,500 wats Continuous ) and Honda GVC 160 mower . Both are quarts .

Back