Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

These 5 quart jugs at Tractor Supply for $16.28 each . Matched Walmart . Dated August 2020 . Still S.N. ,GF-5 . Will use the $10 rabate from SHELL . Hopefullay they'll give rebate for both . That'll make it $1.26 per quart . If not , $2.25 per quart . View attachment 33546View attachment 33547
Interesting that they've got new stock, the 24 I picked up back in August were all Mar-Apr 2019

5-quart jug of Mobil ‘Full Synthetic’ 5W-30 and a Motomaster OE Plus 9018 cartridge filter. Will be winter fill for my beater commuter G5.

Two Fram XG10525's for my Ford Transits. I change the oil every 5K. I run the filters two cycles. Could probably go three cycles but the filters are not that expensive,

Purchased for an upcoming OC for a friend's '13 Camry 2.5. Her requested product...and what I normally use.

20201111_180821.jpg

Just a quart of Castrol 10W40 HM to thicken up the oil in my new-to-me, used '11 Outback. That was the only 10W40 API-SP I could find in WM other than Supertech. The engine has got a loud hot clatter unloaded - hoping the wrist pins or rod big-ends aren't shot. Previous owner ran the car low on oil a few times. You think once would be enough for her to periodically check the oil.
Before this big purchase I got a Gallon jug plus a quart. of Subaru Genuine Synthetic 0W20 "For Professional Use Only" Idemitsu. My wife's Crosstrek FB20 didnt like Shell RGT 5W20 during the Summer. It loves this latest formulation of the Subaru stuff! The parts counter guy tried to sell me 6 quarts - and I said NO! Service here is always overfill this thing and I have to drain out a 1/2 quart or more; this is why I'm changing the oil myself oil now. (capacity is 5.2 qt) Then he went and charged me FULL LIST PRICE which they never had before.
Not going back to that jerk or their sales office** for a next car purchase either !
Train you staff! This is how you loose customers, you, you Morons !

** Exeter Subaru in Stratham, NH.

New to me 2007 Ford Fusion with the 2.3 4 cylinder engine.

First oil change:
Valvoline Maxlife Synthetic Blend 5w20
Fram Extra Guard 9641 filter

Said I'd never buy another Fram filter, but I figure since it's a cartridge filter there's no drainback mechanism.

We'll see how it goes, this vehicle for sure has some minor leaks going on, and it had the rubber crush washer all chewed up which I replaced, so I just gotta wait and see.

My father's car done yesterday:
2015 Kia Sportage with the 2.4

Valvoline Maxlife 5w30 synthetic blend
Supertech filter.

Seems happy with it. He took Supertech syn to 10K miles and it drained out very black, I'm hoping he doesn't take this to extreme miles. I feel like with synthetic he's more lazy with OCIs, and he regularly took Royal Purple to 10-15K mile drains. :/

1605311466494.png

Picked up 6 2 gallon jugs of SuperTech SAE30 that was left over from the July clearance while I was down in the Indianapolis area earlier, It wasn't marked and was sitting on a bottom shelf under air freshers or something away from the rest of the oil. Only $5/ea

20201115_155944.jpg

For the Venza ... 9 x 5L jugs 10W30 Quaker State Ultimate Durability, 3 x 5L jugs 5W30 Quaker State Ultimate Durability and two Fram 10169 air filters. ... and a bunch of coffee cream lol. Jugs were on clearance at Walmart ... $4.00CDN per jug! Air filters were on clearance for $5.00CDN each. Bought them out. 10% coffee cream for $1.98CDN in case you wondering.😆

Got myself a Fram Ultra Air Filter 9997 for my 2018 Legacy. First time using a Fram. Half the price of the Subaru filter.

View attachment 34178
For the Venza ... 9 x 5L jugs 10W30 Quaker State Ultimate Durability, 3 x 5L jugs 5W30 Quaker State Ultimate Durability and two Fram 10169 air filters. ... and a bunch of coffee cream lol. Jugs were on clearance at Walmart ... $4.00CDN per jug! Air filters were on clearance for $5.00CDN each. Bought them out. 10% coffee cream for $1.98CDN in case you wondering.😆

No one can beat that, we should close this thread now

View attachment 34178
My wife would kill me

20201122_091224.jpg

Here is the latest acquisition: 12 x 5L 5W30 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum and 4 x 5L 0W20 Pennzoil Ultra Platinum. $5.00CDN each at Walmart on clearance. Seems Walmart in Canada will no longer be carrying the Ultra line from Pennzoil. Not as good as the QSUD buy I scored last week, but we are set for a while. All API SN Plus GF-5, oldest bottling was November 2019.

Back