Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

2017 Corolla SE dad picked up from a neighbor. Around 14,000 on the clock. No information on last oil change.

View attachment 216504
Out unknown oil and off Toyota filter. In pictured below
IMG_4701.jpeg

Haven't changed the oil in the Subaru in 3 years, been garage stored. Read that the dealerships ditched the blue Honeywell made filters and use the Tokyo roki black filters that Subaru japan uses.

Got 3x 15208AA1000 and crush washer
Still have a few jugs of Rotella t6 5w-40

got my roommate some oil for his yearly oil change: he does not drive much so i felt like this was a good decision.
View attachment 216742
What vehicle?
What engines?
What year?
Odds are, it was not a good decision, unless he's driving a beater.
Just about every passenger vehicle of the past several years recommends full synthetic and the 10k Supertech Syn is only a couple dollars more at regular prices, than what you paid for the synblend..

It's a good decision, if it cleaned out your wallet. But that's what friends are for..... sharing and sacrifices, by you the roommate friend.. Good going....(y) :giggle:

Last edited:
What vehicle?
What engines?
What year?
Odds are, it was not a good decision, unless he's driving a beater.
Just about every passenger vehicle of the past several years recommends full synthetic and the 10k Supertech Syn is only a couple dollars more at regular prices, than what you paid for the synblend..

It's a good decision, if it cleaned out your wallet. But that's what friends are for..... sharing and sacrifices, by you the roommate friend.. Good going....(y) :giggle:
uhhhh its a 2009 mazda tribute
2.5L 4 cyl
it kind of is a beater.... lol
but he needs an oil change and he's kinda at that age where you forget to care. lol

IMG_20240430_153640324_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240430_171843961.jpg

Napa SAE30 Non-detergent oil, was in a smaller town where the Napa prices seem better than the one where I live, so I picked up a quart to use for bearings and such, one of the few Non-detergent oils that isn't completely non-additized, reasonably fresh too, if I understand Valvoline date codes that's February 27, 2023

Last edited:
1 5 quart jug O'Reilly conventional 10w30
2 1 gallon jugs O'Reilly Dexron 6 transmission fluid
1 Microgard MGL51522 oil filter
1 Napa Platinum series transmission filter with metal backed rubber gasket

Back