Post your latest oil purchase or even filter.

For kia and subaru
20240127_133710.jpg

12 Donaldson filters for my 2 11’ Focus’

Already have 4 wire backed old ULTRA 3614’s. Although may donate them to friends older Caravan for clean up runs. Will be spill and fills; go 4 OCI’s maybe more.

Next OCI the Donaldson goes on, shooting for 20k. I can envision BrendanC cringing at the moment 🤣🤣🤣

Spring change on the Hyundai: NAPA 5W30 Blend - $3.29 x 5 - $5 (rewards) = $11.45

Future change on the Toyota: Castrol Edge 0W20 - $6.99 x 5 - $15 (rebate) = $19.95

Had five dollars NAPA rewards I needed to burn anyways. Rebate for the Castrol has already been approved.

First time ever buying a store brand oil… I feel so dirty.

IMG_5911.jpeg

Spring change on the Hyundai: NAPA 5W30 Blend - $3.29 x 5 - $5 (rewards) = $11.45

Future change on the Toyota: Castrol Edge 0W20 - $6.99 x 5 - $15 (rebate) = $19.95

Had five dollars NAPA rewards I needed to burn anyways. Rebate for the Castrol has already been approved.

First time ever buying a store brand oil… I feel so dirty.

View attachment 200600
Napa oil is a Valvoline product, and has been for a very long time. I think the additive packages are slightly different, but perfectly serviceable oil.

YUP, I will no longer use it since it’s not made here.
Yes, Valvoline sold it to state-owned Saudi Aramco. But per this article it is still being made where it always has been made in Kentucky.

"Aramco will own the Valvoline brand for all product uses globally, though the Lexington, Kentucky-based company will continue to procure motor oil and related products from the lubricant business through a long-term supply deal."

"Valvoline Global Operations, which will continue to be headquartered in Lexington Kentucky, is a worldwide leader in automotive and industrial solutions, creating future-ready products and best-in-class services for partners around the globe."

Last edited:
Smart man. Are the blue ones their synthetic media?

Thank You sir
Yes, the Donaldson Blue are synthetic media. These have same efficiency atleast but I couldn’t see wire backing through the louvers that the Blue have. I’ll have cut them after using to verify. Probably something proprietary about the Blue over these. $26 for these two shipped wasn’t bad though.

Yes, the Donaldson Blue are synthetic media. These have same efficiency atleast but I couldn’t see wire backing through the louvers that the Blue have. I’ll have cut them after using to verify. Probably something proprietary about the Blue over these. $26 for these two shipped wasn’t bad though.
Very good sir

Back