Post your fill hole

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SuperFast
Fill hole and dipstick and oil cap, 1984 Chevrolet Camaro 2.8l V6, (1)63,556 miles, at a lot, just getting back into regular service. oil changed less than 100 miles ago w valvoline 10W-30, filter too w Purolator. it "smokes on start-up" then runs perfect

DSCN0478.jpg

Ugh, that's sick!

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Originally Posted By: SuperFast
Fill hole and dipstick and oil cap, 1984 Chevrolet Camaro 2.8l V6, (1)63,556 miles, at a lot, just getting back into regular service. oil changed less than 100 miles ago w valvoline 10W-30, filter too w Purolator. it "smokes on start-up" then runs perfect

DSCN0478.jpg

Will MMO hurt my car, or should i just use motor oil ? like a hi-mi conventional oil
Ugh, that's sick!

Will MMO hurt my car, or should i just use motor oil ? like a hi-mi conventional oil

MMO will not hurt your car!! pick up some cheap dino and MMO and do about 3 1000 mile ocis with 20 percent MMO. then switch to PP

that thing is a sludge monster!!

oh and replace the pcv valve its cheap

I disagree. I did MMO with PP on a super high mileage poorly maintained vehicle that didn't look as bad as THAT! and it cleaned so much so fast it clogged up the oil pickup screen, made the oil pump go bad and ruined the top half of the engine.

If you do something as aggressive as that, just be sure to take the oil pan off after a bit and clean it out and double check the pickup screen. I lost a motor this way. Trust me. I guess you could get lucky but why chance it? Either clean it slowly over time or if you are aggressive be ready to do what needs to be done. Take off your oil pan and clean the crud it free's up before it blocks your pickup.

i didnt say mmo and pp, i said mmo and cheap dino changed every 1000 miles. how long did you wait to change the oil?

Sorry I read your post wrong. You said 3 1000 mi changes. My brain read that at 3000. Yes, I did a 3000 mile change. Good advice. Though it wouldn't hurt to pull the pan after the first or second change and clean it anyways. It may not be necessary but it would give me some peace of mind. Though I'm damaged goods now. lol
wink.gif

Here's my 98 Toyota Camry V6 with 200k. Always had Mobil 1 or some other synthetic changed every 3-5k on the dot. OEM oil filter.

Car sees a lot of idling and city driving but lately started doing lots of highway driving.

Pictures was taken after a 7k run with Amsoil OE.

I plan to run Amsoil Flush right before the next oil change and then take pics of the rear 3 cylinders post cleaning to see the difference... Should be interesting. I'm expecting either a clean surface or completely unchanged.

IMG_1039-1.jpg

IMG_1040.jpg

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1042.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

Originally Posted By: tig1
I have been using M1 oils for 33 years at 10K and have never had varnish like yours.

Could be an always hot environment vs. your cold winters.

Could varnish be more prone to happen in a hot climate year round?

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Originally Posted By: tig1
I have been using M1 oils for 33 years at 10K and have never had varnish like yours.

Could be an always hot environment vs. your cold winters.

Could varnish be more prone to happen in a hot climate year round?

Yes, and severe service use, short hops, as well as many other factors.

Originally Posted By: ccapital83
2004 v6 alero 117k penzoil platinum from 40k to current

6get-attachmentaspx.jpg

another clean PP engine...im not surprised

im gunna try the ultra for a year see if that can finish up the last few spots of dirt and varnish in there

Be careful as you might go up in smoke like the Redline NASCAR cars have been doing lately
57.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back