M1 0w-20 EP or a better value 0w-20?

I prefer to let sleeping dogs lie most of the time. If the level on the dip stick isn’t going up and the vehicles are running well on 5K OCI w/M1 EP then I’d probably just keep doing what appears to be working. Sometimes we make things more complicated than it really needs to be.
In other words, ignorance is bliss?

I actually don’t disagree with you for most things, but fuel dilution is not the benign phenomenon that some people think that it is. For me that’s one thing I personally want to keep an eye on.

In other words, ignorance is bliss?

I actually don’t disagree with you for most things, but fuel dilution is not the benign phenomenon that some people think that it is. For me that’s one thing I personally want to keep an eye on.
I wouldn’t say it is benign just not worth searching for without evidence to support the need for searching.

I had a problem with R/A once. They shipped 4 nitrile ADBV filters - despite the pictured filter at their website being Silicone. Being I do 3k OCIs, I kept them because R/A wanted me to pay for return shipping.

I told them they should be notifying customers (before shipping) by email or phone, when pictured products go thru important changes that can affect a Kia or Hyundai's start-up sound, cold start oil flow and/or filter performance.

Last edited:
I had a problem with R/A once. They shipped 4 nitrile ADBV filters - despite the pictured filter at their website being Silicone. Being I do 3k OCIs, I kept them because R/A wanted me to pay for return shipping.

I told them they should be notifying customers (before shipping) by email or phone, when pictured products go thru important changes that can affect a Kia or Hyundai's start-up sound, cold start oil flow and/or filter performance.
Mine had to do with the condition of the filters upon arrival. If my memory serves me correctly on the numbers, three of eight filters were dented and one of the eight had noticeable rust.

Back