Popeyes- Business As Usual

Unfortunately the popeyes chicken sammiches are the best, so I have to visit that hole just to get one. Jack in the Box is a close second, but that is too far away for a weekly meal.

Chick fil a, KFC, zaxbys, etc aren't worth $1.

Just thinking about this. It’s really weird around here as there’s one location where it seems that pretty much every employee is South Asian (probably Indian). Not sure if the franchise owner decided to hire friends and relatives, but I can’t complain about the quality of the service. I did go one day where it looked like all the employees save the manager weren’t South Asian. I do remember when this location first opened (was a KFC) and the service could be bad. I wouldn’t say that most of the customers were black, but a good deal are. One customer got into an argument (don’t recall exactly why but I think it was over an order mistake) and he accused the (white) employee of being racist.

And they have a new chicken sandwich out now. I think it was test marketed last year.

Was cruising the cable channels today and came across The French Connection. One of my favorite 70`s gritty NYC cop movies. Lead character of course Popeye Doyle. He's the Popeye the franchise is named for, rather than the sailor man. That car chase scene is nearly 50 years old and there aren't many since then that even come close. Bullit and lower Wacker drive in Blues Brother always keep my right foot moving.
The chase scene in "To Live and Die in L.A." is right up there, too.

To live and die in la is excellent. I never liked the chase in the french connection. Bullet was ten times a better movie in so many ways.. plus jaclyn bisset was great in bullet with her 356 porsche speedster. My favorite car in the world.

Back