Popeyes- Business As Usual

I like the red beans and rice. A touch hot for me. The nearest Popeyes is 100 miles away. The KFC near me has good food, but lousy service, it is always hiring.

Was cruising the cable channels today and came across The French Connection. One of my favorite 70`s gritty NYC cop movies. Lead character of course Popeye Doyle. He's the Popeye the franchise is named for, rather than the sailor man. That car chase scene is nearly 50 years old and there aren't many since then that even come close. Bullit and lower Wacker drive in Blues Brother always keep my right foot moving.

Why would they put this person at the front counter?

You accidentally answered your own question.

So I never asked a question. If she said something I just said yes.

Most places the goal is 3 minutes and the timer starts when you get to the speaker. With a 80% rate being the minimum quota. If you spend 2 and a half minutes looking at the menu, asking your partner what they want, asking how hot is the hot sauce, You not only delayed you order but likely some of the people behind you.

And those goals I mentioned above affects employee's pay raises, permotions, bonuses, and even the ability to move to a desired shift.

You accidentally answered your own question.

Most places the goal is 3 minutes and the timer starts when you get to the speaker. With a 80% rate being the minimum quota. If you spend 2 and a half minutes looking at the menu, asking your partner what they want, asking how hot is the hot sauce, You not only delayed you order but likely some of the people behind you.

And those goals I mentioned above affects employee's pay raises, permotions, bonuses, and even the ability to move to a desired shift.
That makes no sense.
So you are going to put an incompetent order taker at the window and you will get 80% wrong orders and in a short timespan your customer return rate will diminish.. Come on...

You put the most qualified person and sadly the hottest at the window.
That is how you make money and keep your return customers.

Men and women like professional eye candy .. I see it every day.

I absolutely love Popeye's Chicken. I need to stay away because I just can't stop eating it... I was telling my mechanic buddy about my love for Popeye's and he couldn't believe it. You can fill in the blanks as to why...

Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen contracted with King Features Syndicate to use the famous sailor's likeness. What that had to do with marketing chicken -or any other food besides spinach-, I'll never know. The cartoon character is years gone.

The opening sequence of Popeye Doyle and his partner kicking a criminal black knifer guy on the ground (don't sweat it, he deserved it) isn't likely the image marriage a Southern fast food franchise company was looking for.

+1 on making one's own fried chicken.

I go for the simple, fried chicken sandwich (reg. or spicy) and nothing more. It's a good, on the go lunch and has been included regularly in my current 10 month diet which has lost me 27 pounds.

Plus, I like Annie. My friend who likes Flo (Progressive Insurance)....I don't understand.

Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen contracted with King Features Syndicate to use the famous sailor's likeness. What that had to do with marketing chicken -or any other food besides spinach-, I'll never know. The cartoon character is years gone.

The opening sequence of Popeye Doyle and his partner kicking a criminal black knifer guy on the ground (don't sweat it, he deserved it) isn't likely the image marriage a Southern fast food franchise company was looking for.

+1 on making one's own fried chicken.

I go for the simple, fried chicken sandwich (reg. or spicy) and nothing more. It's a good, on the go lunch and has been included regularly in my current 10 month diet which has lost me 27 pounds.

Plus, I like Annie. My friend who likes Flo (Progressive Insurance)....I don't understand.
I think you are an anal and cheap professor because you act the part... :ROFLMAO::LOL:
Not that there is anything wrong with that............;)

Downloaded the app today.
Ordered online and order was inside pickup.
Get there and the doors are locked.
Now have to go through the drive thru with many cars...

Okay...get to the speaker and tell them order #94

Girl tells me they don't have anything but stuff I didn't order. I took it anyway.

Typical Popeyes in this area. Now I remember why I haven't been back since 8 months ago...lol
App? What's that. I just go to the store, and see which pile is the fresher (from the grease) pile and order accordingly

Maybe I'll get Popeye's for dinner today

I truly hate this thread! I'm dreaming of driving up to Popeye's for lunch...

Just a note for those who don't know, Popeye's fried chicken contains all necessary food groups. Plenty of protein, some necessary fats, and adequate carbs for fast energy. :D:D:D

Back