Popeyes- Business As Usual

First off i take fool responsibility for my own stupidity.
Yesterday I ordered a combo on my app. Drove there and got lucky..nobody in line. I sat at the sign for over 10 minutes. Gave my app number and pulled forward.

Guy says we don't have unsweetened tea even though I ordered it off the app. I knew it...
I told the guy to just credit it to my card...
He says what??? Just credit it to my card. He says look I'm just an employee and I don't know how to do that. I said get your manager to do it.

She tells me the same nonsense.
I finally ask for another side. I see the manager sticking an empty side cup in my bag...really..

She sort of throws it at me and I open it and say nice try. Either give me back my money or a real "side"

She does. I leave and get home and all the food is hard as a rock and overcooked with no sauces etc which is the norm.

An hour later I get an email for a survey and for once I filled it out and it asked if you would like to get a call. Yes I clicked that and am waiting and I will be nice but stern and let them know why nobody on earth would be happy with this kind of service.

Last edited:
First off i take fool responsibility for my own stupidity.
Yesterday I ordered a combo on my app. Drove there and got lucky..nobody in line. I sat at the sign for over 10 minutes. Gave my app number and pulled forward.

Guy says we don't have unsweetened tea even though I ordered it off the app. I knew it...
I told the guy to just credit it to my card...
He says what??? Just credit it to my card. He says look I'm just an employee and I don't know how to do that. I said get your manager to do it.

She tells me the same nonsense.
I finally ask for another side. I see the manager sticking an empty side cup in my bag...really..

She sort of throws it at me and I open it and say nice try. Either give me back my money or a real "side"

She does. I leave and get home and all the food is hard as a rock and overcooked with no sauces etc which is the norm.

An hour later I get an email for a survey and for once I filled it out and it asked if you would like to get a call. Yes I clicked that and am waiting and I will be nice but stern and let them know why nobody on earth would be happy with this kind of service.

Why do you even bother patronizing this business?

They are better around here relative to service; back during the BLM protests' the Chick-fil-As were all closed down by the protesters but Pop Eyes was wide open.

Why do you even bother patronizing this business?
Because in my experience every Popeyes is this way. @Cujet. Sprinkled some kinda mystery dust on me and it got me pumped up...

Your question reminds me if a cousin I had once. He married his wife 3x and ended up divorced the day he died. And she was not even hawt as @aquariuscsm says..

You can't fix stupid.

In my experience, it usually shouldn't be called fast either.

That too. While these fast food chains might appeal to some there are a lot of small privately owned cafes and restaurants out there that will appreciate the business and give you better food. Many have gone to a order and pickup business model.

A lot of restaurants have had it really rough these past couple of years. They could sure use the business.

Rioters aren't customers.
Ok, it's bad for business if you're known for shooting people. Look at that McDonalds that was the site of one of the worse mass shootings, that one shut down and they had nothing to do with it. I remember at the time making jokes like Let's go to McDonalds, get shot...

Ok, it's bad for business if you're known for shooting people. Look at that McDonalds that was the site of one of the worse mass shootings, that one shut down and they had nothing to do with it.
I just don't believe in laying down and letting mongrels break the law by destroying property and taking lives. I'm a "stand your ground" guy. If someone is coming to knowingly harm you or destroy your private property, use all means necessary to protect your life and property.

Hawt and Amish are not synonymous 😳😳
I beg to differ;)
Amish.jpg

We used to have a Popeye's near me in a little strip mall in Plaistow, its been gone for at least 15 years now. '
I used to be the only person of no color in line in the joint :)

Love the red beans and rice and the dirty rice and biscuits.

Went to a Popeye about 20 miles from my house but about 3 miles from my workplace a couple years ago when they started advertising on TV.

It wasn't all that, just fair at best. The original one was fantastic. Then new one just seemed corporate chain-ny and over processed.

I will give another one a try someday.

Unfortunately the popeyes chicken sammiches are the best, so I have to visit that hole just to get one. Jack in the Box is a close second, but that is too far away for a weekly meal.

Chick fil a, KFC, zaxbys, etc aren't worth $1.

Back