Popeyes- Business As Usual

Never again at popeyes. Some 18 yr old black manager girl started screaming at me.. about what I need to do.. i screamed back that I dont work for you so fix the problem in a not ghetto lanquage way.

She just stomped off. . Quite the manager and employee training.

Sat in another store away from my work truck. Could not get in the bathroom for 30 min. No answer to pounding on door. Young black employee inside on his phone smoking pot . Manager of the store was not interested.
What a place.

I've not had Popeye's in a long time. I remember liking it, but the few that remain in the area are in very tough neighborhoods. "Service" at all fast food joints has largely gone downhill in the last 20 years and especially the last 3.

I guess I should amend my service comments to except Chick Fil A who has set the new high bar. And Culver's in our area is extremely good as well, one of them nearby (franchise) has literally copied the Chick Fil A model except they have replaced "My pleasure" with something very similar but I can't remember the exact verbiage.

I guess I should amend my service comments to except Chick Fil A who has set the new high bar. And Culver's in our area is extremely good as well, one of them nearby (franchise) has literally copied the Chick Fil A model except they have replaced "My pleasure" with something very similar but I can't remember the exact verbiage.
I don't blame the workers I blame corporate and the executives.
A guess would be Popeyes pays less than most and offers little training.
Corporate doesn't seem to expect much from the employees and around here most really only stay a month or two..
The food is great but the service stinks...

I truly hate this thread! I'm dreaming of driving up to Popeye's for lunch...

Just a note for those who don't know, Popeye's fried chicken contains all necessary food groups. Plenty of protein, some necessary fats, and adequate carbs for fast energy. :D:D:D
I think @Cujet. Is on a 3 day bender
Engorging himself on all things Popeyes..

I fear for his safety at this point.

brand new KFC opened in a somewhat upscale area of San Antonio, looked like a cafe style restaurant.

Food was absolutely terrible tasted so greasy and not good flavor.

Chic fil A does excellent job, every time.

Last year I stopped in Amarillo, Tx at Popeye's. Workers were all stoned. Repeated my order twice and walked out. There were no vehicles in the drive thru. Should have been a red flag.....Al Copeland died and Jr. runs the stores...

brand new KFC opened in a somewhat upscale area of San Antonio, looked like a cafe style restaurant.

Food was absolutely terrible tasted so greasy and not good flavor.

Chic fil A does excellent job, every time.
Even when Colonel Sanders was alive which was a long while ago, he would complain about the quality of the food at his stores.

It probably all boils down to how long the food has been sitting there.

App? What's that. I just go to the store, and see which pile is the fresher (from the grease) pile and order accordingly

Maybe I'll get Popeye's for dinner today
The prices when ordering from the app are considerably lower on the family size orders. Like 25-30%. If ordering anytime around a meal time, my experience is that it's pretty fresh.

That makes no sense.
So you are going to put an incompetent order taker at the window and you will get 80% wrong orders and in a short timespan your customer return rate will diminish.. Come on...

You put the most qualified person and sadly the hottest at the window.
That is how you make money and keep your return customers.

Men and women like professional eye candy .. I see it every day.

Here is a link to one of the biggest drive-thru timer installers. Really is an interesting bit of technology.

https://www.hme.com/qsr/zoom-nitro-...FxS5eMNvs1lmgX5gm1_gU3y08qTE-POhoCEzkQAvD_BwE

Anyway, couldn't help but notice your only complaint earlier was you couldn't understand her. You are completely right that everything you added later dosen't make sense.

The prices when ordering from the app are considerably lower on the family size orders. Like 25-30%. If ordering anytime around a meal time, my experience is that it's pretty fresh.
All the Popeye's around here are pretty busy. There aren't as many as KFC. It's probably why Chick Fil A is so good, they have high volume so it's pretty fresh. There's lots of KFCs and they're not that busy so I guess food quality can decline. I remember years ago trying those NYC $1 pizza slices, not bad for $1 because at that price, you're basically getting a slice that just came out of the oven and in a minute or two, they've sold an entire pizza and fresh is always better than something sitting around getting cold.

I like Popeye's not only for the flavor, but also because their chicken is closer to chicken than the approximation served at KFC.

CFA is alright, but not a 1-to-1 equivalent in that they don't offer whole pieces. And, it should be noted, platitudes for fast food too often ignore the fact that it's still fast food.

One of the two local Popeye's is always slower than the other, and not as well run.

But, as with new car dealers, that's the name of the franchise game, isn't it?

Corporate/non-franchised fast food chains offer a better and more consistent experience.

It's a big deal in Cape May Court House, NJ? They're getting ready to open a new Popeye's on Rte. 9 and Stone Harbor Blvd.
Exciting times.

Back