Please suggest me something for my Toyota 5AFE 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings guys. I purchased a used 2001 Toyota Carina Ti (JDM) on 5AFE 1.5L engine which has around 60K miles only. Engine's in very good condition, no oil loss/burn/hesitation/leak/smoke issue. Previous owner took good care but don't know what oil he used- i only changed the oil twice since purchase 8 months ago. I tried Magnatec 10W40 semi-synth and then it's now on Q8 5w-40 fully syth. I want to stick to one brand only from my next oil change onwards. I don't have the manual. I mostly drive urban- medium to heavy traffic, hot n humid weather. Engine has slight 'old sewing machine' type noise which, on Magnatech, was not there all that much. Should I stop using fully synth and stick to semi-syhth? Please suggest. I'm from near India. smile

Rejwan, welcome top BITOG! If you don't mind the cost of the full syn' oil I'd stick with that. Also is a lighter grade such as 5W-30 is available I thick that would be preferable.

Rejwan

hmm.. . cost is not a problem for me. however, 5w30 is not quite available in my city but 5w40 is. i'm a little concerned about that noise- valvetrain i guess. could also be injectors i'm not sure. while using 10w40, the noise was lower than what it is now. the other interesting fact is that the oil level on dipstick a slightly higher than F mark. during oil change i make sure that the level is exactly at F mark level. is this normal?

What oils does Toyota (Toyota Genuine Motor Oil) have in Bangladesh? I know they have 10w30 in most countries, and in some 10w40. They seem to formulate great oils and prices seem reasonable everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.