Please help me choose my next vehicle?

2012 or newer hyundai Tuscon 4 cylinder, the bigger one, 2.4 I think. I fit in it and am 6'6" rides great, has a reliable and proven engine and trans.

Sounds you want a comfy American sedan. They are comfy. Maybe not the best used cars, though. I think I'll be in your situation in my future. If my keep my 2015 Camry, it will have about 200k miles on it when I retire. Does it make sense to buy something new now so it's paid off by the time I retire and have the advanced safety features I'll probably want as I age or keep what I have and buy something with retirement money on my fixed income. Have you spoken to a financial advisor? The idea of lease vs buy is interesting. I really like to keep my money in the stock market and pay a small monthly payment rather than plunk all my money down on a car. The Toyota LE versions are the best deals around. They don't have all the bells and whistles but they have the same engines and transmissions as the more expensive trims. Avalon is a Japanese Buick. The older boxier ones are very nice and soft.

Originally Posted by JohnG
Nobody has ever been criticized for buying a Toyota. Rav4 for those Pgh hills!
A RAV4 would be fine in the Burgh, just be aware from 2013 on the 2.5 4 cylinder is the only choice. Nothing wrong with it, we fine it capable. The 2016 refresh is a more refined car that the previous with better NVH control. The 2019 + Gen 5 has had some problems.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
A RAV4 would be fine in the Burgh, just be aware from 2013 on the 2.5 4 cylinder is the only choice. Nothing wrong with it, we fine it capable. The 2016 refresh is a more refined car that the previous with better NVH control. The 2019 + Gen 5 has had some problems.
What problems? Just bought a 2020 so I'd like to know what to look for before warranty expires.

Originally Posted by Leo99
Originally Posted by AZjeff
What problems? Just bought a 2020 so I'd like to know what to look for before warranty expires.
On the RAV4world forum there seem to be quite a few owners of the Gen 5 hybrid with some sort of problem with the gas tank not wanting to fill easily and some talk of transmissions not acting properly but a reflash seems to work on the trannys. If you haven't noticed anything then you're probably fine.

If a soft ride on rough pavement as well as plenty of room for a taller driver matter to you, drive a Subaru Forester. We find the car to be very compliant on rough pavement as well as very economical in its use of fuel. The '17 Forester averaged 29+ mpg over its first 30K of use, so not bad at all. Of course, our Accord Hybrid averaged nearly 48 mpg over its first 20K, but you've said that the Accord has too rough a ride on broken pavement for you and it isn't as plush as the Subaru in our experience. With the downstroke you're talking about it'll be no problem getting down to a low monthly payment on whatever you decide to buy.