Cant find the ACEA requirement for my 2006 Toyota 1.8 vvti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by kschachn
Understood, but at the same time it isn't as if this is the only oil the OP has considered nor is available to him. As such I'd pass right by any manufacturer that makes what amounts to false claims on their label.

Absolutely. Now, if I had my old Audi which was long out of warranty and really didn't specify VW/Audi's own A3/B4 type spec, and this Eneos were readily available and cheap, like an HDEO, I'd be all over it.

Originally Posted by YotaVerso
There are very few i could find that have a5/b5 with sn, but too expensive. So, c2 without a5/b5 would be fine?

C2 (or C3) should be suitable, just without going insanely long on oil change intervals, unless you have ULSG.

Found Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30 for a great price.

ACEA A5/B5 X
ACEA A1/B1 X
API SN (Meets Engine Test Requirements)
API SL X
API SN Engine Test Requirement X
Ford WSS-M2C913-C X
Ford WSS-M2C913-D

And a couple other with api cf but dont know the ilsac and hthsv value? Noticing a low flash point. Just 192. Usually its around 220 or higher. Is that bad? Hope this one should be ok because of the great price. Was checking just for 4 or 5l's and missed this..

https://www.mobil.com/english-au/passenger-vehicle-lube/pds/glxxmobil-super-3000-x1-formula-fe-5w30

Last edited:
Found Mobil Super 3000 X1 Formula FE 5W-30 for a great price.

ACEA A5/B5 X
ACEA A1/B1 X
API SN (Meets Engine Test Requirements)
API SL X
API SN Engine Test Requirement X
Ford WSS-M2C913-C X
Ford WSS-M2C913-D

And a couple other with api cf but dont know the ilsac and hthsv value? Noticing a low flash point. Just 192. Usually its around 220 or higher. Is that bad? Hope this one should be ok because of the great price. Was checking just for 4 or 5l's and missed this..

https://www.mobil.com/english-au/passenger-vehicle-lube/pds/glxxmobil-super-3000-x1-formula-fe-5w30

No! ZDDP is too low (500 ppm phosphorus), which is what protects against wear. That's why it can't meet API SN or SM (600 - 800 ppm phosphorus range).

Go with a C2 oil as I said. It's required to be mid-SAPS with the correct ZDDP level, which will be in line with API SN or SM.

Ok, were back to c2
laugh.gif
got some good options there at least..

Ok, were back to c2
laugh.gif
got some good options there at least..

Yeah, as I said, any C2 will meet the specs for your car (mid-SAPS, HTHSV ~ 3.0 cP). You can email Eneos Europe to find out if the Eneos Hyper S 5W-30 C2 that place is selling is a genuine product.

I called the shop that i trust and know they are the main distributors of Eneos here. The thing is that for my car the system suggests Premium Hyper Multi 5W30

especially designed for Korean,
European and older Japanese cars with gasoline
engines and diesel engines without DPF.

PERFORMANCE LEVELS
ï‚· ACEA A5/B5 (08)
ï‚· RENAULT RN0700

SAE viscosity grade 5W-30
Density (20°C), g/cm3 0.850
Flash point (COC), °C 192 (thats a bit low right?)
Kinematic viscosity (40°C), mm2/s 53.0
(100°C), mm2/s 9.5
Viscosity index 160
Pour point, °C -39.0

http://eneos.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/ENEOS-PREMIUM-HYPER-MULTI-5W30-FULLY-SYNTHETIC-PDS.pdf

On the other hand, per you suggestions we have the ENEOS Premium Hyper S 5W30

Designed for modern engine technologies from Toyota, Honda and
other Japanese, European and American OEMs requiring ACEA C2 standard oils.
Mid saps.
Gasoline and Diesel engines in passenger cars
and light duty commercial vehicles, equipped
with or without catalytic converters or DPF, soot
filters, direct injection systems and turbo
charged engines

ï‚· API SN/SM/CF
ï‚· ACEA C2 (10), A1/B1(10), A5/B5(10)
ï‚· RENAULT: RN0700
ï‚· Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi & Subaru

SAE viscosity grade 5W-30
Density (20°C), g/cm3
Flash point (COC), °C 230
Kinematic viscosity (40°C), mm2
/s 58.14
(100°C), mm2
/s 10.37
Viscosity index 169
Pour point, °C -42.5

http://eneos.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/PREMIUM-HYPER-S-5W30-FULLY-SYNTHETIC-PDS.pdf

It's also a5/b5 but also a1/51 and C2 and it has SN and the same renault spec. the flash point is also a lot higher. On the label they write "designed for high perfermance in modern diesel engines" but on the datasheet it's both gasoline and diesel. Couldnt find the ilsac spec and the hths value. Im a bit unsure. What do you think?

I would probably go with the Eneos Hyper S 5W-30 as well. It's known to be mid-SAPS (C2) and has newer ACEA specs (2010). It would have the appropriate ZDDP level.

Eneos Hyper Multi 5W-30 also seems interesting. However, it seems to be high-SAPS (not recommended for DPF and recommended for older Japanese cars). (A5/B5 is allowed to be either high-SAPS or mid-SAPS.) It's interesting in that the A_Harman index = 96% calculated from the KV specs is the highest for any 5W-30 I've ever seen, surpassing the previous highest known Pennzoil Platinum with PurePlus 5W-30 with A_Harman index = 94%. However, there seems to be some error in the specs, as the viscosity index (VI) tabulated doesn't match the KV40 and KV100 values exactly. A_Harman index indicates the amount of viscosity-index improver (VII) in the oil, with larger index meaning less VII. You don't really need to be concerned. Eneos Hyper S 5W-30 has A_Harman = 89%, still higher than quality oils like Mobil 1 5W-30.

We also don't know much about the base oils used but I would guess they are similar.

All this said, go with Eneos Hyper S 5W-30 -- mainly because it has C2 and therefore, it will be similar to an ILSAC GF-5 (API SN) oil. Eneos Hyper S 5W-30 also has newer specs (2010) than Eneos Hyper S Multi 5W-30 (2008). Chances are that the Hyper S has a newer and better additive package than the Hyper Multi.

Ordered it. Thanks for the info and suggestions. Now i know something about engine oils. Knew nothing just a week ago
laugh.gif

Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back