Please Offer Your Opinions

Yeah and Ford also recommends crazy intervals on the transmission , rear diff. and other fluids . His truck his money .

That's not what you said. You said he was exceeding the manufacturers recommendation. Fords recommendation is to follow the IOLM to a maximum of 10,000 mi or 12 months unless you fail to reset the IOLM or accidentally reset it.

That's not what you said. You said he was exceeding the manufacturers recommendation. Fords recommendation is to follow the IOLM to a maximum of 10,000 mi or 12 months unless you fail to reset the IOLM or accidentally reset it.
Ok I'm sorry , my Ford truck is 7,500 . It's a HD so I guess there different .

Ok I'm sorry , my Ford truck is 7,500 . It's a HD so I guess there different .

Actually makes sense. Assuming you are talking about a Gas 6.2 or 7.3 SD they have a lower oil capacity and higher fuel consumption rate. I have no experience with the F150 HD.

He likely wants a certified oil in which case I don't see rebottled Kendall as an upgrade over M1 EP.
Well, GT-1 full synthetic could handle it too. If RL has changed formulation that much, then it was a sad day when they sold out.
I believe only their Professional Series is rebadged Kendall:
0000836_professional-series-motor-oil_450.png

While their Blue (PCMO) and Red (Racing) label stuff is still that great ester-heavy Redline that many of us know and love.
0000468_high-performance_450.png
0000363_racing-motor-oil_450.png

Last edited:
I hope that list is Ford approved oils. You don't risk voiding warranty with the crap they're putting out today.

M1 EP. A little overkill for the application in case the cylinder deactivation causes issues with oil life we haven't seen on older models. Especially since you lost a quart of oil capacity.
Would you be kind enough to explain how M1 EP would be overkill? What, BTW, is your definition of overkill for an oil choice?

Would you be kind enough to explain how M1 EP would be overkill? What, BTW, is your definition of overkill for an oil choice?

Overkill = More than necessary. Should be capable of considerably longer drain than specified.

We have less experience with the newest version of the engine with lower oil capacity and cylinder deactivation both of which could prove more demanding of oil so a little overkill might not be a bad thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back