Valvoline restore and protect ford 3.7

Can you guys tell the difference between a steinway and yamaha grand piano? Because professional and amateur pianists can, all without using scientific testing.

Subtle differences in sound are easily perceptible to those who know what they are listening for.

Some people probably cannot. 4% of the population are born with amusia and lack certain abilities to discern sound. Up to 15% of the population have trouble reproducing pitch accurately.

It would be a bit like a colorblind person saying you can’t tell the ripeness of a tomato or the degree of done-ness of a steak simply by looking at it.

Nothing is special about me. Noteworthy, however is my incredulity about the fact that so much common knowledge is seemingly unheard of here.
Yes but you're special as you've noted multiple times in multiple threads. Not so for the average Joe that may not be able to remember sounds like you.

Well it's going to o be hard for any of us to believe any of your story when you're saying a water pump that's external leaked coolant into the oil system which it isn't connected to. It's physically not possible.
There is a tsb about a check valve that can cause the water pump to fail but it only leaks externally. Nothing on a google search about internal leaks on these mustang 3.7s. The problem you are claiming to have had is well documented on Taurus, Edge and explorers but nothing at all on the Mustang or trucks.
Maybe the water pump went out, the vehicle was driven hot and it warped a head or blew the head gasket.

... .

Cool whatever...but valvoline R&P might just be the new marvel mystery oil...or the graphite oil the boomers raved about, what was it called Arco?
Many "boomers" here will tell you that ARCO Graphite is nothing special - not much raving going on at all - then or now.

So a little back story, I go to the states every month and I often bring back oil due to the discounted prices...pucked up 2 jugs and decided to try the new valvoline restore and protect 5w30.

Before I continue, I'm not some paid spokesperson or whatever I'm just some regular car guy who ultimately just wants his engine to run great and improve mileage whatever way I can without going full hypermiler...I mean if valvoline wants to sponsor some random dude on a forum then by all means whatever makes my bank account look happier...anyway

Few things to note about the ford 3.7 cyclone and 5.0 coyote engines...they can have lifter tick issues, rod bearing issues, piston slap etc and before anyone asks why I'm not using the oem recommended 5w20...my elderly neighbor is a jack of all trades but an actual master of all, does his OCI's at 3k miles with 5w20 for his cars because "as soon as you feel the oil lose its optimal lubricity on your finger tips, it's time to change" and based on the experiments I tried in my mustang with the old engine and diff brands of 5w20 and 5w30...dude is right, the 5w30's held its lubricity up to about 5k-6k miles while the various 5w20's I tried pretty much lost its lubricity at 2500-3500 miles...plus I notice zero difference in fuel economy with the 5w30 and I'm just not comfortable knowing that as the oil is being used before being changed, it will shear down no matter what...so 5w20 is a no go...also i use 5w30 because of fleets with 2.7, 3.5 ecoboost and 3.7 cyclone engines having less timing component related issues by using 5w30 instead of oem recommended 5w20 which is pretty much just for fuel economy standards to satisfy the epa...now onto the valvoline R&P doing it's initial magic.

I changed my 182k mile 3.7 v6 due to the waterpump leaking internally and contaminating the oil which ate up the rod bearings...found a brand new rebuilt but never run engine that sat in a garage for 2 years and slapped it in since it was the same cost as getting the higher mileage OG engine rebuilt, broke it in with 2 oil changes with Castrol edge 5w30 syn changed at 1000 miles no sparkles in oil, then supertech 5w30 syn changed at 3000 miles no sparkles in oil. Now running valvoline restore and protect 5w30 as of yesterday morning

Since the new engine was put in I had a lifter tick on start up that would go away after 2-3 min of warming up...with the valvoline after the first start up I had the lifter tick...but it immediately quieted down within 10 seconds, before it was a 10/10 noise wise, after valvo oil its at about a 5/10 noise level, drove it around for 20 min and shut it off, went to a buddies place later on at night and engine is stone cold, started it up and lifter tick is now at a 3/10 noise level, also the engine is definitely more quieter once fully warmed up and its really noticeable how much quieter it is because i have longtube headers and catted x pipe going to stock mufflers...I don't know the science behind it but I guess the molybdenum content makes the oil more slippery? Allowing the lifters to pump up easier? Or some magic sauce in the valvo R&P?

I'll update the thread with my rural country road gas mileage commute to see if any improvements normally I average 22mpg.

But now I have a question...while I can go to the states and get it at Walmart, is there anything within that same price range as valvo r&p that I can get here in canada with the same characteristic? I've heard liqui moly molygen is a decent alternative and I have used it in an 04 impala ss and saw a 2 mpg overall increase in mileage as well as my engine not having to work as hard idling based on the vacuum/boost gauge but would prefer something in the valvo R&P price range since I do 5k mile oci's...please don't tell me to get Castrol or mobil one or pennzoil...while my stang doesn't burn oil those oils always burned the most out of any brand I've tried in my other cars...I could probably Start another thread listing the oils that burned the most and least in my 2016 golf 1.8 tsi
Glad I read this post. I saw the Valvoline R & P video on YT and planned on using it next oil change. What I wanted to do was add a friction reducer/nano metal coating oil additive as well but was wondering how the oil might wear down the metal coating. I hear a ticking from my engine now so I will check the sound first.

Glad I read this post. I saw the Valvoline R & P video on YT and planned on using it next oil change. What I wanted to do was add a friction reducer/nano metal coating oil additive as well but was wondering how the oil might wear down the metal coating. I hear a ticking from my engine now so I will check the sound first.

Stay far far away from that oil additive, it's not going to do anything of any benefit and may even be detrimental.

Back