ping..ping..ping..(insert 2 applications autorx).....No More PING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I have used auto-rx in two of my fieros and a honda lawn mower and my 85 Chevy 305 K-10 truck.

The most dramitic results came from my truck. It has 97,000 miles on it and this darn thing has been prone to pinging for the past 8 years. I have tried everything. High octane fuels, retard the timing, new egr valve, engine flushes, seafoam down the carb, always used synthetic oils..etc...etc.. Finally I tried auto-rx.
During the first application, I noticed that the pinging was much better but not perfect. I am now 200 miles into my second application and the pinging is 95% better. The real test came when I put the lower octone fuel in.. This is the first time in 8 years that I can get buy with the lower octane stuff.

I plan on using a maintenance dose with every oil change. The truck is only used in town and I know that it never gets a chance to warm up properly.

Keep up the good work Frank.

Ross

I dont get it. How can Auto-RX fix pinging? Pinging is caused from carbon buildup inside the combustion chamber, all else being equal. And Auto-rx doesnt clean that. Same with this testimonial where one person changed switched to Redline oil and the pinging stopped.. ***?

But hey if it works...

I have to agree with LEO, it does not make sense. Auto Rx has nothing to do with combustion of fuel and cleaning of carbon in the fuel side of things but works in the mechanical engine side through out the oil system.

Obviously you had some other problem that you mis took as a pinging from the fuel system.

Either way, Like he said, if it worked for you to resolve that problem then good, glad to see that.

Actually there is a logic pathway here.

A good cleaner/surface seal enhancer (my words) such as Auto-Rx, may indeed cut back on pinging.

Here's how: Oil entering the combustion chamber effectively lowers gasoline AKI (anti-knock index). (Trust me on this or contact your local turbo nut) Gas and oil mix reduce the octane rating of the gas and can cause a car to ping even at lowered combustion pressures and for sure in turbo cars where the piston ring seal is good but the turbo oil seals are shot.

We have all read that Auto-Rx makes a better piston (and perhaps even valve guide) seal, with a better seal and more oil control at the rings, less oil enters the combustion chamber and hence no more ping ping ping....

Pablo is correct. Auto-Rx restores combustion and
compression.Example it cleans and restores OEM specs on expander rings. Every metal internal engine component that was manufactured to OEM tolerances will go back to original tolerance no matter how much wear as long as part is not damaged once it is clean.

quote:

Every metal internal engine component that was manufactured to OEM tolerances will go back to original tolerance no matter how much wear as long as part is not damaged once it is clean.

I don't know about that. Parts wear out.

quote:

Originally posted by Frank:
....... Every metal internal engine component that was manufactured to OEM tolerances will go back to original tolerance no matter how much wear as long as part is not damaged once it is clean.

Rebuild in a bottle
confused.gif

Beginning to sound like the marketing dept. needs an update. I'll send this to the FTC to see what they say!

I don't think you understand metal cleaning but maybe this will educate you. Any time gear teeth are filled with third party abrasives, dirt, etc. and get cleaned, they go back to the manufacturers tolerances. When expander rings on pistons are stuck by third part abrasives, dirt, etc. and they get cleaned, they expand and contract back to standards. Auto-Rx is no mechanic in a bottle and is sold with a guarantee to perform to the buyers satisfaction or there is no charge. I don't appreciate your comment. This board is suppose to be for the free exchange of ideas.

quote:

When expander rings on pistons are stuck by third part abrasives, dirt, etc. and they get cleaned, they expand and contract back to standards.

Am I understanding this: It cleans up and loosens the rings and restores the proper clearances, but of course does not restore any wear that has already occurred. So the ring will likely not meet OEM new part manufacturing tolerances. Semantics?

[ June 20, 2003, 02:42 PM: Message edited by: rpn453 ]

Ross, was the engine burning any oil at all or could it even be detected?

I think I would run some Neutra or FP through the fuel system and clean out the upper-cylinder carbon just for good measure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back