People are driving like maniacs!

By the way, that was no joke about whoever said that if you do 90 you'll just get tailgated at 90, just happened to me so I moved over when there was a decent gap between the cars.

Let us strive for little to no road rage in 2022, in my experience pretty much all of them can be avoided, except for a select few and those require different action.

By the way, that was no joke about whoever said that if you do 90 you'll just get tailgated at 90, just happened to me so I moved over when there was a decent gap between the cars.

Let us strive for little to no road rage in 2022, in my experience pretty much all of them can be avoided, except for a select few and those require different action.
So you did the right thing by not blocking the lane.
When you say you got tailgated was the person behind you a long time and he got impatient?
Most likely not but jsut asking if you were holding him up.

When you say you got tailgated was the person behind you a long time and he got impatient?
This is an excellent question so I'll just tell you what happened.

As you know I have my cruise set at 80. That is a pretty good highway speed and you'll pass slower traffic doing that at least whoever's in the right lane doing 70 or 75 or possibly a little slower. So on a two-lane road yes I was in the left lane

In this particular instance my speed of 80 was nowhere near fast enough for the car behind me. He got on my bumper for a good mile or so before I decided you know what I'll speed up a little bit because there are still cars on the right and that lane is not available. So I sped up to 85 and then sped up to 90.

In this particular case speeding up to 90 while it's clear that this guy wants to go a lot faster than I'm prepared to go, I was clearly avoiding a road rage by giving him the courtesy of going a little bit faster, which is what people are trying to communicate when they tailgate you by the way.

Translation: I did good.

They were behind me for about 5 to 10 minutes and the other lane was not available.

I tell people this all the time, when I'm doing 75 or 80 I'm not going slow, so it says something about the person tailgating you with that speed doesn't it.

They were behind me for about 5 to 10 minutes and the other lane was not available.

I tell people this all the time, when I'm doing 75 or 80 I'm not going slow, so it says something about the person tailgating you with that speed doesn't it.
Ok, cool, I was curious, if the other lane wasnt available you certainly were in the right to stay in the left lane while you continued to pass vehicles in the right lane.
I dont like tailgating either, I was just curious if you were blocking the lane, which you weren't as long as you were passing vehicles in the right lane. Yeah, has happened to me as well, once a space is available I will move over but wont give into tailgating if I am passing the cars on the right.

Ok, cool, I was curious, if the other lane wasnt available you certainly were in the right to stay in the left lane while you continued to pass vehicles in the right lane.
I dont like tailgating either, I was just curious if you were blocking the lane, which you weren't as long as you were passing vehicles in the right lane. Yeah, has happened to me as well, once a space is available I will move over but wont give into tailgating if I am passing the cars on the right.
This is probably the most perfect post of 2022 so far and I appreciate you sir.

Now I just got passed by a reddish colored Camaro with black racing stripes, now I'm in the right lane on a two-lane road and I just burned to the left to pass a semi and now I will merge back to the right I can give this guy 3 truck lengths first.

Tailgating is extremely dangerous but also so are parking lots, I honked my horn before I pull out of a spot because what seems to happen every single time is I park next to a gigantic pickup truck and I definitely cannot see if traffic is coming towards me and that's actually a very dangerous situation so I go slowly and yes I do honk.

So does keeping at the speed limit constitute as slow traffic?
You can keep the limit but my homologated race bike is awful at lawful speeds...

RC45Whooshing.JPG

Attachments

• RC45Whooshing.JPG
    RC45Whooshing.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 8
The other day I followed a person going 10 to 15 under the speed limit........and then briefly slow down coming up to a stop sign.......and go right through it like it wasn't there.

I've been behind this driver, however it was a red light they blew through 3-4 secs after it was a solid red. Had the idiot been driving at a normal pace, we both could have made it through the intersection while it was green.

Yep. When I’m doing 80 and someone is on my rear bumper like it’s the Daytona 500 I always get out of their way.
I have approximately a little more than a thousand miles to go to my destination today, shall I observe how many times this happens today?

Usually I cruise with my phone on airplane mode and on Bluetooth hooked up to my stereo receiver and only turn on the navigation when I honestly need it to tell me which way to go. Like how the ramp to East 74 is closed but West 74 is open or vice a versa in the Joliet IL area for example, ran into that when coming back from the factory tour a few days ago.

I do sometimes use auto text to speak into the phone to have it post words for me. Hands free, of course.

I successfully slow down for a Tailgater that was on my butt like they were about to draft pass going 75, So I slowed to 72 without using my brakes and they got the idea today went around and shot me a dirty look but honestly screw them.

The closer they get, the slower I go. 98% get the message and go around. The other 2% under the influence of "highway hypnosis" might just follow you right into your garage.

Everyone around here drives like a snail! I've never seen people accelerate away from a green light so slowly...especially on a green arrow that's only there for a few seconds. 🤬🤬🤬
The decades of clean air PSA's touting the benefit of slow acceleration from stop light has brainwashed folks. The other possibility is they are still typing the reply to their text and don't realize the light has turned green .

I’m just convinced that deep down, they’re terrified. They’re generally the same people who swing turns WIDE at 5mph. God forbid they feel any sort of g-force 🙄

And it's always a Subaru! They buy them because they're terrified to drive in the snow.

Back