Parking lot observations

One of my business acquaintances managed to put his entire chevy van into the river backing in his boat. He didn't seem too phased by it. Covered by insurance :rolleyes:
Saw this last summer, the ultimate way to tow!

IMG_6098.jpeg

Absolute maniacs. People drive like crazy and no doubt the same people that complain their cars are junk and don't hold up. I come to a complete stop at stop signs and I am hated for it..
Our town has signs, rolling stops $140, complete stops free. I really don’t think the signs are effective.

I did a rolling stop in front of a cop a few years ago and got let go with a warning.

I frequent Easton, Polaris, Tanger Outlet which are malls in central, Ohio along with Walmart and Whole Foods.

Shoppers at malls want to park as close as possible and will hold someone behind them up wanting a good space that someone is getting into their vehicle to leave the mall.

Walmart is diverse. You can go to a nice one on the good side of the big city or one on the bad side of town that will make you think, when was my last tetanus shot? Walmarts in smaller towns tend to be nicer.

Years ago I did a rolling stop saw a cop and realized what I had done. He pulled me over. I smiled and said yeah I realized what I did as soon as I saw you. We both laughed and he sent me on my way.

Years ago I did a rolling stop saw a cop and realized what I had done. He pulled me over. I smiled and said yeah I realized what I did as soon as I saw you. We both laughed and he sent me on my way.
Maybe the next car feature will be a real auto stop where you can't move forward until your wheels actually stop at the sign...

Maybe the next car feature will be a real auto stop where you can't move forward until your wheels actually stop at the sign...
We will probably see that kind of control in the future. Probably not in our lifetimes though.

The trees are possible Bradford Pear. They are an invasive species and very much frowned upon by arborists.

The Bradford Pear was developed by the USDA at their facility in Beltsville, MD in the 1960s, as I recall. A "good idea" that had "gone wrong".

The best thing to do with a Bradford Pear is to cut it down and feed it into a Vermeer chipper/shredder (the BC700XL works well) and turn it into mulch.

The Bradford Pear was developed by the USDA at their facility in Beltsville, MD in the 1960s, as I recall. A "good idea" that had "gone wrong".

The best thing to do with a Bradford Pear is to cut it down and feed it into a Vermeer chipper/shredder (the BC700XL works well) and turn it into mulch.
In my pic you can see them.
They have honeysuckle like blooms.

I just looked up the pear tree..
Not it..

No it's across from Wendy's and very nice to sit and eat at far away though.
Most of the Wendy's and several of the Burger King stores by me have closed. Cannot find help I guess. Remember when owning a burger franchise was the bigest thing for newly minted millionaires?

In my pic you can see them.
They have honeysuckle like blooms.

I just looked up the pear tree..
Not it..

Bradford Pears do have flowers around this time of year as I recall. The far tree in your photo definitely looks like one, they have lots of branches off of branches.

About a month ago my poor daughter almost got creamed in a Target paking lot. She said a big pickup came barreling down the lot doing about 35 and had no intention of yielding to anybody. She completely locked up her brakes and they narrowly missed she said by a few inches. I swear sometimes I wish I had an old beater with a dash cam and just let them hit...
I observed the same thing about two hours ago at Fry’s parking lot. Except in this case, the guy was going closer to 45mph. 😵‍💫

I can tell you that a large Pool Supply place sent me to Walmart for a better price - still $477 between the two - 😳

YES people are amazing!! sometimes in a NOT so good way like FATMART, so many obese that will if not already be diabetic + a nice walk in Knobels amusment park with our doggie, one very nice place + still free to just walk thru + again soooo many obese feeding more sick foods to their unhealth!! sorry to be negative BUT people need to wise up + help theirself to a healthier old age when it hits the fan!!!

Garbage can cleaning.... hmmm. I don't own my 96 gallon can, the township owns it. Not sure if I'd pay to clean it. Guess it would depend. I've had it about 6 months and it's still clean.

Walmart. People watching at it's finest.

And to think that people used to have to pay to the zoo to see the animals. Now they can go to Walmart and watch them for free.
Literally here in Ames,IA. Someone rode a horse into our Walmart.

Back