Opinions on the new M1 filters made by purolator

Recently picked up a M1-110A. It is a new design (has been discussed recently on here), and to me appears to be made by Purolator. The louvers look good and are open. With purolators having a history of tearing, should I trust it? Either way I plan on running it ~20k miles, or 2x OCI, or putting it on someone else's vehicle I change oil on that would run a shorter interval.

With purolators having a history of tearing, should I trust it? Either way I plan on running it ~20k miles, or 2x OCI ...
That should be a good "tear test", but maybe go 10K max. Hard to say if these are using Purolator media now ... could be.

Its not just the media, the ADBV's are getting munched by that design anything over 5000 miles can be an issue. 1 in 4 for me so far.

If one has even the slightest doubt about a product, including oil filters, why use it ? There are other options, I thought...

People buying filters from Mobil 1, K&N, Amsoil, etc are (over)paying for that name, nothing else. If anyone thinks Purolator or Champ or whoever makes an upgraded version of their standard filter and puts another company's name on it, they're fools. Economy of scale says it ain't happening...

I'm not sure tearing is that big of a problem anymore, the problem I've seen from Purolator in recent years have been poorly deburred tapping plates slicing the ADBV.

A little over a year ago.
Good, then the clearance M1 filters I bought at Walmart over a year ago for my Pentastar won't be made by Purolator.

Back