Oil Funnel--Anyone Try This?

My funnel cracked today and I tripped over this one. Has anyone tried this one and have some feedback?
I have to admit I like the idea of not having to balance the funnel and a jug of oil.

Who knew you could buy happiness for $15? Simple pleasures are the best. Thanks for the post and info. In response, I went to their website and found they make one for my car. Ordered it and it should be in my possession 1/25/2021 (per USPS?!?!?!). I plan to keep it in my trunk and with me always. Somehow, the idea of dumping a quart of oil into my engine and walking away (hands free) without spilling a drop while the oil pours just gives me mental BITOG Jellybeans. All of my life I have had to use two hands (one to hold the funnel, one to pour the oil). ;) :coffee:

Who knew you could buy happiness for $15? Simple pleasures are the best. Thanks for the post and info. In response, I went to their website and found they make one for my car. Ordered it and it should be in my possession 1/25/2021 (per USPS?!?!?!). I plan to keep it in my trunk and with me always. Somehow, the idea of dumping a quart of oil into my engine and walking away (hands free) without spilling a drop while the oil pours just gives me mental BITOG Jellybeans. All of my life I have had to use two hands (one to hold the funnel, one to pour the oil). ;) :coffee:
Mine came into today from Amazon and if you have multiple cars, you can buy just the upper funnel part and then the lower parts for the various cars. I have a 4K to go before the next OC, but I will be using it then.

Screenshot_20210122-151347_Gallery.jpg

Just keep in mind whatever funnel you use, it is a potential source of introducing contamination into your engine. Be sure to store the funnels inside of a sealed zip-lock bag and wipe it out with a clean paper towel before use. Damaging wear particles are typically smaller than is visible with the naked eye.

I have the 12 piece version of this kit. Works great especially filling the oil in the 5.0 in my Mustang and in my fiancé's F150. Before having this kit, I had to use two funnels together which was a PITA.
My only gripe is the little cover for the bottom won't stay on to store everything inside. I keep it in a giant Ziploc when not using it.

For the price of these funnels, why not just get an oil dispenser like this, Amazon.com: Lisle 19702 Dispenser with Lid and Cap - 8 Quart Capacity,Grey: Automotive
Because I don't need to add two gallons for a top off....And why pour the oil twice? (Once in the pitcher, then in the engine)? It's not the price, which I admit is a little steep for a plastic funnel, it's the convenience of starting to dump oil [hands free] then walking away and being able to do something else while oil flows into your engine. Maybe even go have a cup of coffee. Who likes having both hands constantly occupied in order to add oil to your vehicle?
Haven't you ever wasted a little money because you like something? Do you really expect to pay $0.25 for cotton candy at a fair? I know the funnel isn't worth $15; but I'm willing to pay for convenience. What is that to you? ;)

I don't see where it's that convenient, you've got another tool that's rather specific to a vehicle or at least specific to a make and a range of models, that you either have to clean each time you use it or store inside a bag that's going to be gross and oily the next time you use it, if you use an oil dispenser you should be able to easily pour the oil into the filler without spilling and then all you have to do is clean the end of the dispenser off and put the cap on and set it back on the shelf it's ready for the next use, and if you're concerned about getting every last drop out of a jug of oil just leave it sit overnight pouring into the oil dispenser.

Have this same funnel for GM V8 = fill port is hard to reach and its a big help
All my funnels go in a clear bag…

I don't see where it's that convenient, you've got another tool that's rather specific to a vehicle or at least specific to a make and a range of models, that you either have to clean each time you use it or store inside a bag that's going to be gross and oily the next time you use it, if you use an oil dispenser you should be able to easily pour the oil into the filler without spilling and then all you have to do is clean the end of the dispenser off and put the cap on and set it back on the shelf it's ready for the next use, and if you're concerned about getting every last drop out of a jug of oil just leave it sit overnight pouring into the oil dispenser.
I have several hundred dollars in tools that are vehicle specific; and what is "convenient" to you may not be convenient to me. I use Amsoil exclusively in my vehicles; and I sometimes drive hundreds of miles to go to work out of state, so I carry oil and basic tools with me in the car at all times. You can "clean the end of the dispenser off and put the cap on and set it back on the shelf it's ready for the next use," and I'll keep my funnel in a large zip lock bag in my trunk along with my floor jack, cigarette lighter powered air compressor, oil drain pan & filter wrench, 6 quarts of Amsoil SS 5W30, Ea15K29 oil filters, Milwaukee M18 High Torque 2767 Impact https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Fastening/Impact-Wrenches/2767-20 socket sets, etc. My way of life as a contract construction manager is probably very different than what you would consider "convenient." There are obviously enough other people that consider these funnels convenient and are willing to pay for them that the company is still in business.

My funnel cracked today and I tripped over this one. Has anyone tried this one and have some feedback?
I have to admit I like the idea of not having to balance the funnel and a jug of oil.

I bought one to use on my Hyundais and its worth every penny..

"I have to admit I like the idea of not having to balance the funnel and a jug of oil."
Bingo. Got my funnel today. The picture is staged, lid is on the quart of Amsoil, but I like the ambiance. Pour oil without spilling a drop on the exhaust, and you can check the air in the tires while the oil is pouring...or do anything else you wish. Adding oil hands free. The funnel will stay in the trunk with other tools. I hate those paper funnels at gas stations!
MotiveX funnel.JPG

Reactions: 4WD
Back