Great oil funnel - Oemtools

Thought I would share a great funnel I used today for the first time. Fits great in Honda J35 V6 engines. The black extension fits well in the V6 fill port and it is easy to pour into. I bought it for the one Honda I4 I maintain (newer CRV) that is hard to reach and has an internal grill that makes it hard to keep a funnel in the hole. I have not used it yet for the I4, but it is supposed to screw directly into the oil fill port. $27 price seems kinda steep, but it made it so much easier and error proof.

OEMTOOLS 87022 Direct Fit Oil Funnel for use with Honda, Acura, and Nissan, Funnel for Oil Change, Funnel for Engine Oil, Car Oil Funnel https://a.co/d/dqpdDDs

I think for $2.98 I'm just sticking with the old Walmart Flo tool funnel!
FloTool.jpg

Thought I would share a great funnel I used today for the first time. Fits great in Honda J35 V6 engines. The black extension fits well in the V6 fill port and it is easy to pour into. I bought it for the one Honda I4 I maintain (newer CRV) that is hard to reach and has an internal grill that makes it hard to keep a funnel in the hole. I have not used it yet for the I4, but it is supposed to screw directly into the oil fill port. $27 price seems kinda steep, but it made it so much easier and error proof.

OEMTOOLS 87022 Direct Fit Oil Funnel for use with Honda, Acura, and Nissan, Funnel for Oil Change, Funnel for Engine Oil, Car Oil Funnel https://a.co/d/dqpdDDs
I bought that funnel a few years ago for my Odyssey and it is definitely worth the high price.

The COOL thing about the OEM and MOTIVEX specific fit funnels is that they are hands free. You can twist them in, dump in a quart of oil, let go of the container and go do something else on the car (whatever you wish), come back in a few minutes (or hours if you're that OCD)....and you haven't spilled a drop of oil anywhere. My family owns 6 GM cars and I use the XXXX out of my funnel.

Had one for the wife's Camry....worked good. We got rid of the Camry so now it just sits there...lol..

Had one for the wife's Camry....worked good. We got rid of the Camry so now it just sits there...lol..
Would be my problem as well. Wife has a Honda, I have a 20 RAM, 59 Ford, 79 Chevy, and a 2000 Ranger.....

Thanks for the thread, those custom oil funnels are one of those moments you smack your head saying "Why didn't I think of THAT?!!! It's so simple yet effective!" Yup.. lots of different brands for those on Amazon.. But great idea whoever thought of it first! (y)

I really wish they made one for my 7.3L ford. Kinda a pain getting a funnel to stay in place on that truck. I’ve dumped a funnel full of oil over the motor a couple times now.

I really wish they made one for my 7.3L ford. Kinda a pain getting a funnel to stay in place on that truck. I’ve dumped a funnel full of oil over the motor a couple times now.
The universal master funnel kit from Harbor Freight may have a fitting that works with the 7.3. Kinda expensive at $49 but you can always return it if it doesn't work.

The universal master funnel kit from Harbor Freight may have a fitting that works with the 7.3. Kinda expensive at $49 but you can always return it if it doesn't work.
Thanks for the suggestion but I’m in Canada so out of luck on HF. I’ll do some looking around thou.

I have two engine specific oil fill funnels - one for Subaru and one for Mercedes. And I can see where sometimes they are a total luxury, and with some engines, they are a huge help.

I can fit a regular cheap oil fill funnel in the Outback's 2.5 engine. One in particular will stay in place pretty well. But I still like the specialty funnel. It locks in place, and I don't have to worry about it coming out of place.

For the engine in my E350, a specialty funnel is a huge help. There is interference right under the fill cap on the engine in my E350. Any funnel except for the smallest, will not fit down into the oil fill far enough to hold in place. When using a regular funnel, the funnel has to be held while pouring. Each time I need to open the next bottle of oil, I have to set the funnel down. It is almost impossible to add oil without making a mess. So the specialty funnel, that locks in place, is a huge help. It makes the job a pleasure. No mess. No fuss. I should have bought this funnel much sooner.

Back