Oil Funnel--Anyone Try This?

My funnel cracked today and I tripped over this one. Has anyone tried this one and have some feedback?
I have to admit I like the idea of not having to balance the funnel and a jug of oil.

My funnel cracked today and I tripped over this one. Has anyone tried this one and have some feedback?
I have to admit I like the idea of not having to balance the funnel and a jug of oil.

Especially with those baffles right below the filler hole, seems like a no brainer.

The cool people don't need ant stinking funnels. That said it is an interesting product.

I just use a $2 yellow Wallyworld oil funnel for the last 20 years. Short with a 1” opening on the lower end. it just works and best of all it’s easy to wipe out super clean. I can see the need for such things on some vehicles though.

I looked it up for sale online in Canada. It's $50 , no thanks. When I do the oil change I have this funnel. Works well just need to not pour too fast to keep it from leaking.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210117-184849.png
    Screenshot_20210117-184849.png
    248 KB · Views: 24
The top of a 2 Liter pop bottle fits the oil fill hole on my Honda CR-V real nice. Weighs next to nothing and is free. I keep one next to the spare tire in a plastic grocery bag to keep it clean, and a quart of oil in several plastic grocery bags just in case it leaks.

I've got a motivx oil fill funnel that screws on to the 2.5 engine in my wife's Outback.

I do like how screwing it on makes it stable. It doesn't move when I balance an oil bottle or jug on top of it. That is a definite plus. Mine has a screen in it. It's nice to know that it will filter out any debris that could get in there if I am careless. Another plus. Mine also has a spike in the center, that can be used to puncture the seal on 1 quart oil bottles. Nice, but I almost always buy motor oil in 5 quart jugs, so I don't get to use this feature. A small plus.

I always wipe my funnels clean when done, so they don't drip. It is inconvenient to reach up into the clear portion of the funnel to clean it out. Small minus. Cost. I can't believe I spent that much for a funnel, when the other oil fill funnels I have cost a buck or two. Hard to say if the plus items justify the cost. You be the judge.

One last note. I've never bought one for my Mercedes. I guess it isn't that important to me.

Back