oil and gas for new car=

good afternoon! more dumb questions. I KNOW there is some controversy about these!

1. New Acura RDX. direct inject, turbo. I will try HPL premium plus oil, and do oil analysis. I am thinking to go with 0W20, which comes with the new car. do you think that is a good weight? vs, 5W 30, etc. I can sample oil without doing oil change, so I can see what it looks like at 3000 miles.

2. Acura recommends, does not require premium gas. That is more expensive than regular 87 octane around here. I do not usually do full throttle runs, but DO take it on the highway for 40 minutes or more to ???burn off fuel and water in the oil???? my other 2023 RDX EASILY did 100mph on regular gas driving way up in Maine.
IF i paid more for super unleaded, would that limit fuel dilution of the oil? prolong engine life?

my understanding: it makes no sense to pay for Amsoil or HPL and then change the oil every 3000 miles
I think that super unleaded might give me some more power and torque at FULL throttle. Not necessary for me.

thanks for reading my elementary questions.

best regards, Bob

Do you feel a 2.6 HTHS will provide adequate protection for your engine? How about 3.0 (Resource Conserving 5W-30), or 3.5 (Euro 0W-30/5W-30)? How bad do you abuse that vehicle? If you really hammer it, I'd recommend HPL Super Car 0W-40.

good afternoon! more dumb questions. I KNOW there is some controversy about these!

1. New Acura RDX. direct inject, turbo. I will try HPL premium plus oil, and do oil analysis. I am thinking to go with 0W20, which comes with the new car. do you think that is a good weight? vs, 5W 30, etc. I can sample oil without doing oil change, so I can see what it looks like at 3000 miles.

2. Acura recommends, does not require premium gas. That is more expensive than regular 87 octane around here. I do not usually do full throttle runs, but DO take it on the highway for 40 minutes or more to ???burn off fuel and water in the oil???? my other 2023 RDX EASILY did 100mph on regular gas driving way up in Maine.
IF i paid more for super unleaded, would that limit fuel dilution of the oil? prolong engine life?

my understanding: it makes no sense to pay for Amsoil or HPL and then change the oil every 3000 miles
I think that super unleaded might give me some more power and torque at FULL throttle. Not necessary for me.

thanks for reading my elementary questions.

best regards, Bob
0w20 and regular gas will suit your needs.
Use with confidence.
(y)

Back