when change oil first time??

Just bought a 2024 Forte GT. I'm doing 200, 1000, 3,000, and every 3,000 thereafter since my use of the car qualifies it for severe service.
I think you should do whatever you feel led to do.

I used to advocate for early oil changes but went to 4400 miles on the Chrysler in my sig before the 1st OCI. As it sits at 160k now, it doesn't seem to have hurt it at all. It doesn't even consume oil, as some of the 2.4l MultiAir engines seem to do.
I'll be dumping the factory fill on the Mazda CX50 in my sig this month (6-22-24). It'll be around 4500 miles at that point, also the 6-month mark since purchase. After that, it'll be every 5K/6 months, whichever comes first.
Just do whatever makes you sleep well. I'd bet that if you change it early or change it at 5K, you're not hurting it.

I have always done an early first oil change on any new car that I have owned. And even though it might not make one bit of difference either way, I look at it like this. What if there is a 1% chance that the early first change can even extend the life of that engine by a mere 10 or 20,000 miles? There’s obviously no real easy way that any of us would ever know if that’s true, but for the sake of $30-40 for one extra early change, why not do it?

Just bought a 2024 Forte GT. I'm doing 200, 1000, 3,000, and every 3,000 thereafter since my use of the car qualifies it for severe service.
I think you should do whatever you feel led to do.
Congrats on the new car. I saw a new Forte last week. I didn't recognize it. It's larger and much better looking than I remember. Not sure when it had its last update but they nailed it. Super good looking car now.

346.4 followed by 2347.8 for me usually. If not RIP your engine. Also change to M1 0W40 before it's too late.

I have always done an early first oil change on any new car that I have owned. And even though it might not make one bit of difference either way, I look at it like this. What if there is a 1% chance that the early first change can even extend the life of that engine by a mere 10 or 20,000 miles? There’s obviously no real easy way that any of us would ever know if that’s true, but for the sake of $30-40 for one extra early change, why not do it?
I agree. There are some people who will top dollar for a boutique oil, to give them supposedly better engine protection and cleanliness, then say dumping the factory fill early is a waste. Why not do both? ;)

Congrats on the new car. I saw a new Forte last week. I didn't recognize it. It's larger and much better looking than I remember. Not sure when it had its last update but they nailed it. Super good looking car now.
Thank you. I was really struck by the looks of the GT when I saw one in traffic, and it's actually a pretty good little performer with lots of tech. Enjoying it so far.
Screenshot_20240602-143623.jpg

Back