when change oil first time??

i always do first oil change at 1500 miles then every 6k following with off the shelf stuff. now with HPL i will do the first OCI at 1500 miles then straight to 12k OCI’s

That 2L turbo use M1 0/40
Oil/filter 100 miles,
Oil/filter 1000-1500 miles
Oil/filter 3k miles
Oil/filter 5k miles
1717201329848.jpg

Honda and my MAZDA suggest leaving the factory oil in for a specific number miles.
I've read that about Honda on several different forums but has anyone actually seen or found the recommendation from Honda?
We have an Acura RDX and there is nothing about this in the owners manual and I can't find it anywhere on their website.

I've read that about Honda on several different forums but has anyone actually seen or found the recommendation from Honda?
We have an Acura RDX and there is nothing about this in the owners manual and I can't find it anywhere on their website.

Surely someone has done a UOA on the factory fill? Moly would show up. Conventional wisdom says to avoid moly or other friction modifiers during early break-in though.

I just bought the CR-V Tuesday afternoon. I will likely drive 3.5-4.5k miles in one year. I'll get the oil changed then, and every anniversary, even though they recommend 10k mile intervals. Good luck with your decisions.

If you say so, I guess you have never built your own engine. Build, break in cam, oil is immediately changed. Run it 100 miles. Oil is changed again. You want those small particles of metal out and catch what you can. Yes it gets trapped in the filter, if you want engines to last. Keep that oil clean and fresh
The thread isn't about a race built engine.

I have a new 24 Vette and now Chev calls for the first oil change to be at 7500 miles. I tried and tried to resist, but I just couldn’t give up my old man habits, and I did my first change at 3500… Surprisingly, the oil was very clean looking.
Did you look at the filter?

Back