Oil analysis for a couple of oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Would anyone have a link to some oil specs for a couple of oils please.
Mobil1 FS EP 15k 5w-30
Castrol FS EP 5w-30
Pennzoil ultra 5w-30
Valvoline FS 5w-30

Much appreciated for the help. Trying to determine the best oil to run in it.
I just acquired a Buick Rainer CXL 4.2L 6 cyl 140k miles on the clock.

Thank you folks

VOA/UOA section maybe?
smile.gif

Those elements on the oil analysis page there read like the elements on a vitamin bottle,,,hmmm, imagine that--Mother Nature is everywhere from Vitamins to Oil ingredients--same stuff, different form.. PS--dont drink the oils, but do take your vitamins , its not confusing...

Any of these will be fine.
There is no best oil.
As long as you use the correct grade you will not be able to tell any difference.

Thank you too those that provided.
Been thinking of switching from my long time Castrol use maybe to Pennzoil Platnium High Mileage or Pennzoil Ultra.
Before doing that on old hully (my Gran Marquis) I have to find and fix the oil leak, with I believe is around the valve covers.
It is not burning it, yes it does put a little white smoke out the exhaust at start up. Every Ford I ever owned always did that.

I'd use Valvoline Full Syn Maxlife High Mileage oil in a 10+ year old engine. dexos1 as well. walmart cheap. Fram Ultra oil filter

Originally Posted by fordman65
Thank you too those that provided.
Been thinking of switching from my long time Castrol use maybe to Pennzoil Platnium High Mileage or Pennzoil Ultra.
Before doing that on old hully (my Gran Marquis) I have to find and fix the oil leak, with I believe is around the valve covers.
It is not burning it, yes it does put a little white smoke out the exhaust at start up. Every Ford I ever owned always did that.

Good morning sir
smile.gif

I would stick with Castrol myself. While back KCJEEP i believe stated that the new GTX ULTRA CLEAN has more additives than some HDEO'S. I never had problems using EDGE 5W20 in a Ford Focus with the DuraTech 2.0
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back