Obligatory new ‘Yoda owner post

Here’s our newest addition to the fleet. The wife had been wanting one for some time so we started randomly looking at used, which ended up being only a few k less than new even with 50k+ miles. We were disappointed at the ones we test drove and had genuine interest in and the salesman told asked us about going new. Come to find out, this one was coming in so we put some money down to save it. 1 month later she’s here.

If I had one gripe, it has push bottom start. Boo. I’m not a fan of all the other auto features. Too much tech for me.

BFG KO2 tires, TRD Pro grille (the charcoal one that says Toyota) minus the Ford Raptor lights will be coming soon. Possibly the TRD Pro wheels depending how the tires dress it up. It’s a Dinosaur. Old tech, 12 year old platform and slow too, but we love it.. Many road trips planned now.

8A9D0F41-33A3-4B8E-AE47-ACD63269208B.jpeg

Here’s our newest addition to the fleet. The wife had been wanting one for some time so we started randomly looking at used, which ended up being only a few k less than new even with 50k+ miles. We were disappointed at the ones we test drove and had genuine interest in and the salesman told asked us about going new. Come to find out, this one was coming in so we put some money down to save it. 1 month later she’s here.

If I had one gripe, it has push bottom start. Boo. I’m not a fan of all the other auto features. Too much tech for me.

BFG KO2 tires, TRD Pro grille (the charcoal one that says Toyota) minus the Ford Raptor lights will be coming soon. Possibly the TRD Pro wheels depending how the tires dress it up. It’s a Dinosaur. Old tech, 12 year old platform and slow too, but we love it.. Many road trips planned now.

View attachment 90778
So not fishing keys out of your pocket, or in the case of your wife, her purse is a downside? Welcome to the Kool-Aid......

Other wise Congrats!

They are really nice vehicles. Hate the technology on them. Doesn’t make them feel like the old ones but every manufacturer is doing that these days unfortunately. But you’ll love it. I like those tires you are planning for it too. I never understood why Toyota decided to use Dunlop as their OEM the last few years. If it were me I’d tell them to make the sale pull those off and put these on for me free of charge. We get a lot of customers make us do that to make a sale where I work.

View attachment 90778
That's very nice. I'm considering trading my Tundra for a 22 4Runner possibly,if the dealer ever has more than 1 or 2 on the lot. Love the color too.

That's very nice. I'm considering trading my Tundra for a 22 4Runner possibly,if the dealer ever has more than 1 or 2 on the lot. Love the color too.
Even if they don’t have any on the lot, it certainly is worth asking if they have any coming in. 👍

How we were able to get this one only 3 weeks prior to delivery is beyond me. Could be a lot of that going on?

You will come around to the push button start. As for the other technology, remember that it works for you and not the other way around. You should be able to customize to fit your way of driving like unchecking audible alerts and self correcting.

Back