I am done with my BMW updates ...

So what's wrong with an E92 M3? Not fast enough?
I thought it was pretty slow. Beat one several times in my 370z. I was stock+cosworth drop in filters, z1 smooth bellows, and CBE. Probably a whopping 300rwhp, lol! M3 didn't have what it took to tangle with a 3.7L NA V6 I guess.

I thought it was pretty slow. Beat one several times in my 370z. I was stock+cosworth drop in filters, z1 smooth bellows, and CBE. Probably a whopping 300rwhp, lol! M3 didn't have what it took to tangle with a 3.7L NA V6 I guess.
Where did you "beat it?"

Hopefully not hijacking thread, but wanted to share since there are some e90 fans here.

400,000 miles on an e90. Very surprising how little wore out. Such a great platform from BMW.

A guy on E46Fanatics (the E46 was the BMW 3 series from 1999-2006) has over 800,000 miles on his 1999 323i! He's dumping because of rust (he lives in New England)!

The z4m is my favorite chic car.

That said, Im not a BMW fan, I'm a B58 fan. Nothing else they have shoved under the hood is worth beans to me except in the realm of "oh, thats so smooth revving" or "oh, it sounds good!" I want something quick, and B58 is that thing. The rest of it is just paper tigers like the v8 in the E92.
I’ve driven almost every modern BMW engine since 98. You’re sorely mistaken that B58 is the only engine worth anything. It’s a good one, but it’s not even top 5 for output never mind overall.

Lol, I drove my Z4M to test drive a 370Z. Let’s just say VQ should have stopped at 3.5 and it doesn’t hold a candle to S54. I got back in my car and wondered what all the hype was about.

Lol, I drove my Z4M to test drive a 370Z. Let’s just say VQ should have stopped at 3.5 and it doesn’t hold a candle to S54. I got back in my car and wondered what all the hype was about.
Literally nowhere to be found. 370Z in general has subpar brakes, suspension and chassis. I literally never seen one on track. 350Z I have seen once or twice.
Most people don’t understand that performance cars are much more than 0-60 or top speed. Heck, put Honda Pilot 3rd generation on traffic light, and it will probably go 0-60 faster than my BMW.
Lately it is all about 0-60 as most companies now can produce vehicles that have good 0-60 times, and they emphasize that. In reality, it is nonsense.

Last edited:
Literally nowhere to be found. 370Z in general has subpar brakes, suspension and chassis. I literally never seen one on track. 350Z I have seen once or twice.
Most people don’t understand that performance cars are much more than 0-60 or top speed. Heck, put Honda Pilot 3rd generation on traffic light, and it will probably go 0-60 faster than my BMW.
Lately it is all about 0-60 as most companies now can produce vehicles that have good 0-60 times, and they emphasize that. In reality, it is nonsense.
I agree. The chassis was its biggest weakspot for casual driving. Oddly, the vq37 that everyone whined about, was my favorite aspect.

Well, me too. They are common on track as asphalt is. Many really good 0-60 cars are really weak for a track. And/or owners generally know only to keep steering straight.
It handles well enough. Just a dog on the highway apparently.

Where did you "beat it?"
From about 60-110. Multiple times. First time he claimed wrong gear. Next time I caught him out, he did not pull over to talk, just took the L. Likely a hurt ego involved. He was stunned to learn my Z came with forged Rays oem the first time we chatted about it. He did do a bit better his second try, so maybe he wasn't lying the first time.

From about 60-110. Multiple times. First time he claimed wrong gear. Next time I caught him out, he did not pull over to talk, just took the L. Likely a hurt ego involved. He was stunned to learn my Z came with forged Rays oem the first time we chatted about it. He did do a bit better his second try, so maybe he wasn't lying the first time.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: My Sienna also had a good 60-110. What does that mean? BMW 550d, 3ltr inline six tri-turbo diesel will obliterate 60-110 both 370Z and M3 E92. Yet, it is a performance dog. My grandma, that died in 2009 could get out of the grave and drive 60-110.

The 3 liter diesel with 2 or 3 turbos has gotta be my favorite engine so far. Not extremely powerful, but instant torque from 1200 to 5000 rpm makes for a fun experience. I drove a Mazda 3 that made the same power as the bmw diesel and it felt wayy faster but it wasn't a smooth car and handling was crap (worn suspension)

Back