Opinion on Purchase of 2000 BMW 323i Sport Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bigjl

Envious of a 16 year old BMW estate?

Really?

BMWs of that era a quite nice in certain respects but in most ways the mk3 Mondeo was a better vehicle. And it sold in higher number in Europe for that reasons.

The 3 Series outsold the Mondeo in more recent times in Europe but not sure if that is still the case.

But envious.......

And when did a Mondeo indeed Focus swap ends in slippy conditions?

On the subject of reliability BMWs of that age are not worth anything like that.

They are firmly moving toward the Bangernomics end of the market.

My mk3 Mondeo did nearly 250k on just servicing, two handbrake cables and brakes/tyres. Did clean the EGR and inlet manifold.

My V50 2.0D did well over 150k (can't remember mileage at sale) on just basic servicing and tyres.

My Pathfinder was the same 150k on oil and filters plus a tyres and pads all round.

$5000 seems an awful lot for a 16 yr old BMW estate.

You got me- the truth is, I'm just irredeemably bitter because 65 bhp Kias aren't sold in the United States. It's all so unfair.

Originally Posted By: MCompact

Envious of a 16 year old BMW estate?

Really?

BMWs of that era a quite nice in certain respects but in most ways the mk3 Mondeo was a better vehicle. And it sold in higher number in Europe for that reasons.

The 3 Series outsold the Mondeo in more recent times in Europe but not sure if that is still the case.

But envious.......

And when did a Mondeo indeed Focus swap ends in slippy conditions?

On the subject of reliability BMWs of that age are not worth anything like that.

They are firmly moving toward the Bangernomics end of the market.

My mk3 Mondeo did nearly 250k on just servicing, two handbrake cables and brakes/tyres. Did clean the EGR and inlet manifold.

My V50 2.0D did well over 150k (can't remember mileage at sale) on just basic servicing and tyres.

My Pathfinder was the same 150k on oil and filters plus a tyres and pads all round.

$5000 seems an awful lot for a 16 yr old BMW estate.

You got me- the truth is, I'm just irredeemably bitter because 65 bhp Kias aren't sold in the United States. It's all so unfair.

Blah, blah, blah.

Just because you feel like you need a car to make up for your other "inadequacies"

LOL

Still waiting for the reply from MCompact?

He is probably off boring people with his opinion that a person is defined by the vehicle they own and that in some way driving a BMW makes you superior, lol.

Can't say I felt any different driving my Jaguar XJL for the two years I owned it.

Can't say how I will feel any different when I buy my planned Range Rover Evoque next year.

I am sure my daughter will appreciate the free 2014 Kia she gets when I buy my next car.

Perhaps MCompact doesn't understand the concept of planning ahead?

Sounds like a BMW driver for sure.

Hahahahahaha, ROTFLMAO!

He is probably off boring people with his opinion that a person is defined by the vehicle they own and that in some way driving a BMW makes you superior, lol.

Can't say I felt any different driving my Jaguar XJL for the two years I owned it.

Can't say how I will feel any different when I buy my planned Range Rover Evoque next year.

I am sure my daughter will appreciate the free 2014 Kia she gets when I buy my next car.

What an [censored]

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW

What an [censored].

Are you speaking to yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back