Now with Hummer, you get eggroll....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: momomeister
It isn't political correctness. It's more along the lines of understanding what maybe construed as offensive by some.

In my terms ..that's the very definition of political correctness. Not saying something, regardless of how it may or may not be intended, for the sake of someone potentially taking offense.

It's formed our entire rhetorical stance for a couple of decades. It's morphed a bit to allow many to ignore some elephants roaming about.

Originally Posted By: Billy007
Jean-Baptiste Say an economics professor said that "supply creates its own demand." We are moving toward having a state where nothing is being produced and supplied by Americans. If this trend continues of selling productive assets what are we going to produce as a nation? We will get to the point where there will be no production of any good in the US.

It doesn't matter as long as Wall St. & Co can manage good numbers. They'll continue to deplete our equity and worth ...and have done a masterful job of doing it to excess. They also leave us with the bill and have effectively enslaved us.

It's for our own good ..really. When we're totally broke and owe even more trillions to others, jobs will come back to us.

Hey, kid. It's either me, or them three. Assume the position.

Originally Posted By: Billy007
Jean-Baptiste Say an economics professor said that "supply creates its own demand." We are moving toward having a state where nothing is being produced and supplied by Americans. If this trend continues of selling productive assets what are we going to produce as a nation? We will get to the point where there will be no production of any good in the US.

We do need to produce more things in this country. Piling on taxes, regulation and costs does not help.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: momomeister
It isn't political correctness. It's more along the lines of understanding what maybe construed as offensive by some.

In my terms ..that's the very definition of political correctness. Not saying something, regardless of how it may or may not be intended, for the sake of someone potentially taking offense.

It's formed our entire rhetorical stance for a couple of decades. It's morphed a bit to allow many to ignore some elephants roaming about.

I think it has morphed into "Political Correctness" for the sake of politics, ie. votes.

I chose not to use derogatory terms because I find them offensive whether it's to people of Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Italians, German, English, Irish, Spanish, Middle Eastern, African, etc background.

If it's due to "Political Correctness" that parents don't use those terms in front of their children is it due to the terms being politically incorrect or is it "not nice"? I'd say it's not nice and if someone uses those terms to describe a person of a certain ethnic background especially in front of their own children every so often or consistently, then they may be bigots.

Last edited:
Well, I don't think it has to have anything to do with bigotry.

Right now, in this very post, I'm having to qualify my compensatory statements in response to assertions that something was potentially offensive ..when no one intended, or appeared to take, offense.
LOL.gif

You're already geared to assume that it was bigotry. Which is, if not bigotry in itself, absolutely prejudicial. If you see what I mean.

Hence, "political correctness" is merely to avoid being misunderstood in terms of "potential" assumptions of bigotry.

LOL.gif

I said "maybe".

A friend of mine said something offensive to me. He's still my friend. I told him that I'm sure he didn't mean it to be "offensive" but it was to me.

I've never used anything unpleasant terms of any nationality in front of my kids or anyone. Simply refuse to.

Anyway, we're here to have fun, share info, and "go nuts" over oil..
beer3.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Tempest
We do need to produce more things in this country. Piling on taxes, regulation and costs does not help.

I know, private care providers, insurance agents, lawyers, private schools, and state government employees.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Don't you have a "service" economy...prepare to be serviced.

A rather primal and visceral local rock station had a short bit that they put on.

Service.

Ma Bell services their customers

A Bull services a herd of cattle

WZZO- Get SERVICED .and get the heck out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back