Not Happy: Nissan oil filter now made in China

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my new 10-pack of Nissan OEM 15208-9E000 oil filters from Courtesy Nissan in TX. My current stock of filters were all made in Japan, but the new boxes say Made in China!! What the heck isn't made in China anymore? Anyway, I just hope the quality wasn't compromised. From what I could tell without cutting them open was it looks nearly identical, but who knows. Just a FYI for Nissan guys.

Better cut one of them 'China' ones open. What's a few bucks for your peace of mind....?

laugh.gif

Take them back.Made in China stuff always seems to be the lowest quality for the highest price. It is screw the consumer quality.

Quote:

Better cut one of them 'China' ones open. What's a few bucks for your peace of mind....?

laugh.gif

I think I might do that.

I've seen some good quality stuff come out of China, I don't like the fact that it's coming from there, but these may be fine. I just don't like the continual sell-out by all the countries to go there for everything.

Quote:

I just got my new 10-pack of Nissan OEM 15208-9E000 oil filters from Courtesy Nissan in TX. My current stock of filters were all made in Japan, but the new boxes say Made in China!!

Made in China? I bet you will soon be seeing them on the shelves at Wal-Mart being that they can't resist selling anything made in that country.

BGK - I doubt your vehicle will be drivable if you remove all stuff which is "Made in China".
Chinese do have a lot of cheap junk on the market, but they are capable of producing quality products as well. Don't discard filters just because of where they are made.

Quote:

I would just return them and start using something else...

+1

Quote:

Take them back.Made in China stuff always seems to be the lowest quality for the highest price. It is screw the consumer quality.

+1

Quote:

I would avoid buying anything important for my vehicles that is made in China!

+1

Chinese imports can stop at the discretion of the end user: whom are all of us on this board and everyone else who is an American citizen. By us all pulling together and not buying products manufactured in China, we can force the American manufacturers to employ Americans to build American products on American soil - the way it should be.

It wasn't that long ago that people would buy American products. Now people complain about getting "Made in China" when they were expecting "Made in Japan". ha ha

Quote:

Quote:

Nissan standards of quality at it's best.
laugh.gif

Nissan quality has slipped relative to other Japanese automakers IMHO.

Maybe a little, but then again if you look at overall ratings most of the drop is due to the issues with the Titan, Armada, and QX56 out of the Jackson, MS plant. Their other vehicles are rated quite well. I will admit not quite as good as Toyota or Honda, but they've treated me much better than the Ford and GM products I've owned.

BTW, their cars/trucks drive way better (performance wise) IMHO than the other Japanese cars, that's why I own two of them. My pulse actually quickens when I drive a Nissan, I have to check my pulse while driving a Toyota (sorry to the 'yota fans, just MHO). Honda's cars are nice and drive well and I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, but they don't make a truck (and don't tell me the Carline, I mean Ridgeline front wheel drive is a truck).

Quote:

It wasn't that long ago that people would buy American products. Now people complain about getting "Made in China" when they were expecting "Made in Japan". ha ha

What's funny about this is how items Made in Japan were once considered complete trash and now are typically, not always, regarded as high quality.

I actually didn't end up cutting one of these open, but I did inspect very closely, including inside the filter with lighting. I cannot tell any difference between the two except the screen printing on the outside. If anything the China one has slightly better printing. The construction and all materials look identical, including the silicone ADBV. Filter element looks the same from what I can tell, spring mechanism, core, etc. I'm running one on the wife's Altima and seems just like the others, fine OEM Nissan part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back